Are you slowing down?

This is so clearly true. Over 20 years ago Sabremetricians pretty well proved that major league ballplayers were mostly over the hill by the time they were 30. What are the chances that some 60 year old retiree is not?

Zero.

Jeez, crushing my dreams. I'm out there all season hoping for the scouts to notice me and sign me to a contract. My 52 MPH fastball and knee-to-knee infield range has to be useful to some team, right?

8 months into my ER, I think I can probably say that I am now in the best shape of my life...did I look better without a shirt when I was 28? Probably...but my current 43 year old self could easily out pace the younger version in, let's say, a 12km run...that I did this morning in one hour flat. :dance:

I am not sure how long I can keep this level of fitness up - no matter how dedicated I remain with the weight training and cardio I know that I will hit a "wall"...that being a certain biological age. I'd like to think I have ten years of high physical capability left in me. I'll need it...my next ten years are AMBITIOUS.

Definitely. I used to consistently drive 5 to 10 over, now I drive right at the speed limit.

Back
Top Bottom