AZ House rental thru VRBO

calico1597

Recycles dryer sheets
We have rented a house in San Tan Valley thru VRBO for the month of February. For the most part the house is as advertised but there are a couple of issues. The living room couch looks decent but the cushions go completely flat when you sit down, we've resorted to adding bed pillows to the sofa. There is a nice outdoor patio but only two cheap chairs and no table. I'd like at least four cheap chairs for when we have guests. And a waterfall that is supposed to be the patio focus is not working. A couple inches of green sludge in the bottom.

Supposedly the owner has been transferred out of state and her friend a realtor is handling the rental. I emailed her about the couch and she said it was new last year and she would tell the owner. She also said the pump was not working on the waterfall to not try to fill or use it. I'm disappointed for what the amount we're paying (nearly $2500 for the month). The listing is new to VRBO, we are only the second tenant, so I didn't have any reviews to read. Is there any recourse I can look into?

I dunno. We have done two VRBO rentals The first one we had no issues that I can recall other than the oven died part way through our rental and the owner (in Argentina) ordered a nice toaster oven and had it shipped to us and that served our need for the remainder of our stay. In our one last year the bedroom tv died before we even got there and the owner ordered a new tv for the living room and we picked it up at Target and moved the living room tv to the bedroom.. we also bought a tv stand and vaccum cleaner to replace one that was bad and as agreed we just reduced the rent by the cost of those items. In both cases they were easy to work with.

However, our couch last year was like yours... we just lived with it since it was only for a couple months.

You've made your complaints... give them a bit of time respond. In our case I suggested something to the owner and we agreed on it and he agreed we would just reduce the next month's rent... you might try that with the patio chairs.

Last edited:
how many VRBO rentals have you done. I think the things you mention are pretty minor.I would mention the fountain pump,but probably buy a couple of cheap chair on my own dime. Oddly enough we a doing a Vrbo rental in SGU right now and it's better equipped then our own home. But most rentals are usually missing a little something.

Back
Top Bottom