Bumped - Free Ticket - Can I Sell It?

JustMeUC

Recycles dryer sheets
Sure there are lots of frequent flyers out there so maybe someone knows the answer to this??

I was bumped off a flight on USAir. :mad: Forced off a 1.5 hr. direct flight that I had paid extra for (to have a direct flight) Ended up getting home some 8 hours later with lost luggage. :mad: I was given a Free Flight coupon. I wrote and complained to USAir and told them that a free flight wasn't worth it. They made some silly offer of $50 off my next flight of $500 or more... basically told me to kiss their butt. I wrote back and told them I declined that this wasn't good enough and they basically told me to take it or leave it and even after another letter I haven't heard from them again. I had a problem once with American and it was handled much much better. Of course this was several years ago so perhaps things have changed a lot since then.

Anyway, I have decided that I really don't want to fly USAir again and was reading the coupon and it says it is transferable and doesn't say I can't sell it. Went to EBAY but couldn't really find but a couple of these for sale.... and they were by people with very low feedback. Is their some restriction about selling them? It would seem to be quite a market for them. Am I wrong?

I know that airlines frown upon people trading their vouchers. Ebay has decided to let people trade airline vouchers despite vigorous protests from the airlines because it is perfectly legal to do so, even if it contravenes most airline policies. Some airlines will take punitive steps against the seller (assuming they can figure who the seller is), such as revoking frequent flyer accounts and privileges.

Thanks for the info. I am normally a Delta flyer but flew on them since they were the only ones with a direct flight. I doubt I will fly with them again if I can help it so no worries if they get perturbed. In fact, I hope they do get wind of who I am when I sell it, perhaps I will write them another little letter to inform them after the sell. I may try to list it on Ebay soon to see if I can get a decent price for it.

I know many won't agree with me but I tell you I sure do miss the old days of flying. Sure it is cheaper now, but you get what you pay for and personally I would rather pay a bit more and have the old service back. Used to be if it was more than a 4 hour drive I would prefer to fly, now, it has to be at least an 8 hour drive to make it worth it to me.

I know many won't agree with me but I tell you I sure do miss the old days of flying.

I don't know many who would disagree with this, at least if you take inflation-adjusted cost out of the picture. There's no question that flying used to be a lot more pleasant than it is today. I used to like flying. Now I loathe it.

Back
Top Bottom