Burning Man

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW & I are putting together our camping kit for Burning Man. :dance: This will be our fifth visit, can't wait to get back. Any other FIRE folks going? We could meet up. Hope this is a lower heat/dust year.

I was just about to say...you've been before!
So happy y'all are getting back out to it. So jealous, but alas, not in cards for us.
DH is all up in the planning for his powered paramotor race in October, but one day!

Saw a cool photo essay of kids at Burning Man somewhere the other day, and thought of you and your stories.

Stay cool and have fun!

On my bucket list, just sorta acting normal in my world.

DW & I are putting together our camping kit for Burning Man. :dance: This will be our fifth visit, can't wait to get back. Any other FIRE folks going? We could meet up. Hope this is a lower heat/dust year.

OK, I'll bite. What is this all about?
:blush:

Also on my bucket list. I really dislike most deserts, so I'll likely only go once in my life.

Now if it ever returned to the beach; I'd try for every year!

There are Burning Man (BM) events in other regions, such as Burning Seed, in Australia. There is a site for regional groups to register, so you can probably find a group nearby with similar interest in BM. Lol, had to type that.

Regionals | Welcome home!

Would I go? I think so. The documentary mentioned above suggests you may be in for more than you can handle.

I love the desert (though usually more in the winter than the summer), but the whole point of that environment for me is the stillness, emptiness and solitude. I have some buddies who are longtime Burners and they do all sorts of wild and clever things there, but the idea of heading into the desert in the middle of summer with 50,000 of my closest friends just really never really appealed to me all that much.

From the descriptions and pictures, it sounds like the snake pit at the Indy 500 - only much dryer! Unless I could carry in enough water to shower every day, I don't think I would consider going - but I'm less adventurous than many here so YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom