Costa Rica

Taxman59

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just made a reservation for 4 weeks in Costa Rica! DW and I are looking forward to spending 4 weeks in a simple cabin near the jungle and the beach and a short walk to town. The cabin is just south of Cahuita on the Caribbean coast! :dance:

Now we have 5 months to learn spanish, get into somewhat better shape (DW broke her foot over Memorial Weekend, so we have been sidelined for the summer) and figure out what to take (cargo shorts, t shirts and flip flops doesn't seem to cut it with DW!!).

I just made a reservation for 4 weeks in Costa Rica! DW and I are looking forward to spending 4 weeks in a simple cabin near the jungle and the beach and a short walk to town. The cabin is just south of Cahuita on the Caribbean coast! :dance:

Now we have 5 months to learn spanish, get into somewhat better shape (DW broke her foot over Memorial Weekend, so we have been sidelined for the summer) and figure out what to take (cargo shorts, t shirts and flip flops doesn't seem to cut it with DW!!).

HI,

We live for CR in about a week. We will be renting a car for the first week. Did you rent a car or look into it? If so, do you know the laws about getting insurance and the best approach to that? Thanks

Enjoy. If you get inland, you should try to schedule a visit at the massive rescue dog habitat down there if your a dog person. I haven't been, but it is on my bucket list.

Any clothing that dries quickly. Cotton is not best for the humid climate.

Had to cancel the trip ��. Between my knee replacement and my DS knee surgery, both in Dec, there was no way we could travel. We hope to do it another time.

Had to cancel the trip ��. Between my knee replacement and my DS knee surgery, both in Dec, there was no way we could travel. We hope to do it another time.

Bummer.

Hope the knee ops go well. (I have a vested interest because both of mine will require replacements sooner or later......or so the surgeons tell me.)

Sorry, hope you make a quick recovery!

Surgeries went well for both of us. I have just been cleared post op (5 weeks out). DS is still in the thick of rehab and has a ways to go. Thanks for the good wishes.

Renting a car in CR is easy - no major troubles. Use a credit card that covers your insurance. One thing they always say is that if you get pulled over, you shouldn't pay the cops not to give you a ticket, but they often pull over tourists (especially near the beaches) for precisely that reason. We got pulled over near Tamarindo and gave the guy $40 to let us go.....YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom