Habitat for Humanity - New Orleans - Dec 2010

nvestysly

Full time employment: Posting here.
I wanted to let everyone know about a travel experience my wife and I are planning. It's a little unusual but I think it will be very interesting. Please send a PM if you are interested in attending.

We are going to New Orleans between Christmas 2010 and the New Year. We are bringing our travel trailer and camping at Bayou Segnette State Park just outside New Orleans.

We'll be working with Habitat for Humanity on December 28, 29 & 30. We're arriving a day earlier and departing on January 1st. That will give us plenty of time to experience New Orleans. If you want to join us you can help with the Habitat house any one, two or all three work days. Just let me know in your PM.

It's not necessary to have an RV to help out with this Habitat House. Please consider joining us and staying in a nearby hotel. You also don't need carpentry experience - there are a wide variety of tasks to perform during the workday - all you need is a desire to help.

Please refer to the thread I started on anther Social Knowledge Forum New Orleans Habitat Rally Dec 28-30, 2010 - Airstream Forums

Good idea. In 2008 DW & I flew down to the NO Jazz Fest and then spent a week with HFH in Biloxi. Stayed in Salvation Army housing--trailers with rows of bunk beds, quite a change from the French Quarter. It was a memorable experience, hard on my body as a former desk jockey. It seemed like a good start to a long anticipated retirement.
Not likely to join you on those dates but still active in various projects. After DW & I return from a trip to Bali we will be working on a Heifer Project back in California. I just like the idea of your posting. I have met one person from this board (Trombone Al) and I think a lot of posters are really interesting. Maybe there will be a board here where various posters are going to do a project like you are proposing and can post a general invitation to interested parties to join in.

Back
Top Bottom