Hawaii Big Island Helicopter Tour

Ian S

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Helicopter tours are subject to weather conditions and can be cancelled for bad weather. I think it can be windier in the afternoons, so if it were me, I would do a morning tour. We took a shorter Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of the Big Island in Februarly, and it was wonderful.

We once chartered a twin enginie plane and spent the whole day going to almost all the Hawaiian islands. We flew 1000 miles. It was an incredible experience.

My sister went on auto dealership trip, and the manufacturer gave her a Jet Ranger helicopter and pilot for all day. They flew into some incredible places on the big island including deep down in ravines with water falls. Sounds great.

Agree on morning flights usually being better, subject to daily weather conditions of course. We live on the Big Island part of the year and love it!

We did in the mid morning. It was the highlight of our trip.

Also did one at Whistler. Same great experience.

On Kauai, I took one in the morning. There were fewer clouds to block the view. In my case, I was in it for the photos, so I called around to find an operator that would guarantee I got an outside, door open seat.

Attachments

• 420.jpg
    420.jpg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 430.jpg
    430.jpg
    980.5 KB · Views: 9
On Kauai, I took one in the morning. There were fewer clouds to block the view. In my case, I was in it for the photos, so I called around to find an operator that would guarantee I got an outside, door open seat.

Beautiful photos!

Back
Top Bottom