How Long does TSA Precheck Approval Take?

I have not seen it since I started traveling again in 2022. I don’t travel enough to make paying for it worthwhile.

In the 5 years since retiring in 2018, I think I have only gotten it once. I received it more frequently when I traveled for work, before then, so they may well be reducing access as mentioned above.

This year I decided to get TSA pre-check, the process was very quick. DW has been slow to apply, but after our last plane trip she may be more motivated it get it.

In the 5 years since retiring in 2018, I think I have only gotten it once. I received it more frequently when I traveled for work, before then, so they may well be reducing access as mentioned above.

This year I decided to get TSA pre-check, the process was very quick. DW has been slow to apply, but after our last plane trip she may be more motivated it get it.

We got it several times but not since Covid.

Yes, I'm reviving a zombie thread....I'm curious how many of you 60 and older have recently seen or not seen TSA PRE on your boarding pass withOUT having enrolled in a program?

I've just recently applied for GOES, got conditionally approved, and now I'm trying to find an appointment within driving distance. Looks like I just missed the "first Monday of every month" new appointments, but I'm not in a hurry, I'll make sure to check early on July 3rd. (Or maybe even stay up until midnight on July 2nd....)

We stopped getting the PRE on the boarding passes when things shut down for covid. Same with my sister. Same with my bff (who travels for work a lot). BFF got nexus shortly after Canada opened back up. DH and I had a long wait for our appointment for Global Entry - but got it last fall at customs when re-entering from South America. Sis hasn't enrolled in any programs and whines that she doesn't get PRE anymore. (We went to Mazatlan together in April).

DH and I applied for TSA precheck in May - same day.
Mine was completed in 8 days but DH 's app took 22 days
We live in Philly area where I was born but DH from Midwest

Thought I’d update this old thread. On Monday DW applied for TSA Precheck. Appointment was made for nest day, Tuesday. We were there on time and waited about 10:minutes. Yesterday, Wednesday, the approval was sent by email, and she now has her number.

3 days from application to number. Can’t beat that.

Back
Top Bottom