Identifying your luggage?

We have the bright luggage tags and that works pretty well. This past year a guy standing next to me in the luggage area took one of our bags off the carousel and put it beside him. I asked him if the bag next to him was his and he just handed it to me nonchalantly without comment. I don't know if he was a thief or an idiot.

I don't have anything against flying, just airports and the TSA. I'm retired and if it takes me longer to get where I'm going, so what? :)
My thoughts exactly! :)

In fact we've normally taken 3 days to drive to Florida each year, but next year we're planning on taking 4 or 5 days.....we ain't in any hurry, and there's lots of stuff to see and do along the way! :)

(flying would take about 7 hours total with drive to airport, getting there 2 hours prior to flight, time on the plane, and time to get a rental car and get the heck out of the airport, then the drive to our hotel)

I once picked up my "easily identifiable" bag at the Memphis airport and when I got to my hotel discovered it wasn't mine. Since my stuff was much more valuable (sarcasm emoticon needed here), I took it back, cost me a couple of hours and several bucks. Since then I check tags, even if the bag has our clan tartan on it.

Not all "stolen" bags are stolen.

I once picked up my "easily identifiable" bag at the Memphis airport and when I got to my hotel discovered it wasn't mine. Since my stuff was much more valuable (sarcasm emoticon needed here), I took it back, cost me a couple of hours and several bucks. Since then I check tags, even if the bag has our clan tartan on it.

Not all "stolen" bags are stolen.

That video was hilarious! :clap:

I will never buy a black suitcase again. Imagine the dilemma of the luggage clerk who asks the customer to describe the lost luggage and is told that it's black and has Samsonite written on it. :(

I know I know.....bar codes. That didn't do me much good when I flew to Ireland and my suitcase spent Christmas in Sccchhhipppol (Amsterdam). But that's a long story!

Back
Top Bottom