Key West Florida

EYW = Key West Int'l

If you get accomodations from the Navy, then DO NOT stay at Boca Chica when the spouse is there. That's at NAS K.W., which is a 10-15 minute drive. Not much there except the Air Base. The "Fly Navy" at Trumbo Point is essentially a hotel, and is walkable to Duval Street and some other points of interest. Truman Annex has mil lodging as well, which is good, but not quite as nice. It has a beach on-site and is even closer to Duval Street.

Last edited:
Went to KW last year. If you live in or are close to Virginia there is the Amtrak Auto Train that leaves daily from Lorton VA and goes all night, non stop, to Sanford FL (near Orlando). They serve dinner on the train and you can get a sleeper car or just sleep in the wide seats if you're more adventurous. We took our little two seat sports car on the train and they unloaded us around 8 am next day in Sanford FL. Then we took a leisurely drive to KW (8 hours but we did over 2 days). Stayed at Trumbo Point at Navy Gateway Inns and Suites in a nice 2 bedroom condo vacation rental on base (DoD employed). I had no idea the Auto train existed and it was a wonderful trip especially since we avoided the traffic and pain of being stuffed into our little car all those trip hours. You can check Amtrak dot com for auto train info. I thought the price was reasonable for the car hauling, dinner and the overnight stay on the train. We walked in KW most of the time and drove to explore the other keys and enjoyed a good bit of Florida. We plan to do it again soon.

Went to KW last year. If you live in or are close to Virginia there is the Amtrak Auto Train that leaves daily from Lorton VA and goes all night, non stop, to Sanford FL (near Orlando).

You can check Amtrak dot com for auto train info. I thought the price was reasonable for the car hauling, dinner and the overnight stay on the train. We walked in KW most of the time and drove to explore the other keys and enjoyed a good bit of Florida. We plan to do it again soon.
Good info, thanx.

Want to make the trip from Central FL to KW in early November with the wife. Any hotel suggestions within walking distance to Duval.
Thanks for your help

Want to make the trip from Central FL to KW in early November with the wife. Any hotel suggestions within walking distance to Duval.
Thanks for your help
I have stayed at Courtney’s Place several times. Not fancy but nice and about two blocks from Duval. They have one and two bedroom units with kitchenettes.

Thanks for your help
We stay at the Curry Mansion...Just off Duval. Moderate price, decent place.

If you are going to Key West , there is only one person to contact . her name is Susie Rodman and she helps so much . Call Susie , tell her what you are looking to pay and she will get you booked . She also has information on scuba diving , excursions . She charges you nothing for her services . But she knows every piece of property in KW

FRB47 , you have a private message !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom