Motorhome!

When I get a bit older I'm going to look at Class B RVs. Something small, but fully loaded so that I can satisfy my love for travel. Right now here's my RV, I'm the motor and it's fueled on bacon and pancakes.

SarahW your RV is way nicer than my house ;-)

Nice looking rig you have there!!! (And hey, bacon and pancakes is cheaper than gasoline these days! :D)

The Class Bs are great; everything is compact and they are easy to drive.

I've been trying to talk DW into a road trip on this bike but so far no go. I kinda like bikes that have a motor to do the hill-climbing for me. It gets about 45 mpg.

Gorgeous bike, Walt. (But I have to say, I'm with your wife on the road trip thing. :LOL:) Our moho gets 7.5-8 MPG, hah.

We have pulled a Jeep for 15+ years of our Adventures. You will barely notice it behind the RV.
Ron

That's what everybody says...but I have to wonder how much of a challenge it will be to fill up with gas. We already have to do some maneuvering and pump-blocking at the gas station. :LOL: (I was feeling bad about that pump-blocking thing, till I remembered that we are buying as much gas as 4 cars, so let 'em wait...haha.)

One thing about RVing is, there's never a dull moment. Lots of "what was THAT:confused:" and "uh oh" moments so far, but it's always a BLAST! LOVE IT!!! (Oh, and I have yet to get behind the wheel, but I'm poised...haha.)

ETA--RVing is not for the budget-minded. It's one of those never-ending money pit things. :eek:

What a gorgeous unit! I have fireplace envy :D

I bought a MH last September but have only taken it out twice. I even took it through a very narrow gas station and managed not to destroy anything - not sure if that was beginner's luck or I was just too stupid to know better!

My brother and I are taking it out in June to go cross-country. Can't wait!

See you on the road!

Nui

ETA--RVing is not for the budget-minded. It's one of those never-ending money pit things. :eek:
Unless you're this guy:

original.jpg

:LOL: We're excited because next time there's a hurricane evacuation, we can sit in the traffic on I-45 for 19 hours and still have a/c and a bathroom. YAY!

What a gorgeous RV! My DH and I love ours, we are planning a tour through the Southern states to visit friends this October shortly after I retire. I can’t wait to be on a ‘road-trip’ versus a ‘vacation’!

+1 on access to a bathroom! :ROFLMAO:

What a gorgeous unit! I have fireplace envy :D

I bought a MH last September but have only taken it out twice. I even took it through a very narrow gas station and managed not to destroy anything - not sure if that was beginner's luck or I was just too stupid to know better!

My brother and I are taking it out in June to go cross-country. Can't wait!

See you on the road!

Nui

Thanks for your kindness and congrats to you, too! I have seen a few of your threads on "another network" and I checked out your blog. (Need more entries!!) Have fun in your adventures, and I hope to see you out there somewhere.

What a gorgeous RV! My DH and I love ours, we are planning a tour through the Southern states to visit friends this October shortly after I retire. I can’t wait to be on a ‘road-trip’ versus a ‘vacation’!

+1 on access to a bathroom! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you so much; we are loving it! I hear ya on the "road trip vs vacation" thing. My hubby is retiring in THREE YEARS (argh) and I am antsy!

Your southern states tour sounds fabulous. I want to spend a few weeks in the Rockies this summer. :dance:

... It will be a very proud moment when I finally get my 26.5 foot Lazy Daze class C and post a picture of it here...
I dunno Major Tom. I don't know what you are looking for, but if you are same as me, meaning not being picky, I would be happy with another brand of class C RV. Lazy Daze's are somewhat rare, and I am not really sure that they are that much better.

Though I am no longer in the market, I still surf rvtrader-dot-com occasionally to see what is available. Recently, I saw a couple of 24 and 25-footer class C's with low mileage (around 25K mi), and only 7-8 year old, in the asking range of $25K. One example of a cute 22-footer is shown below. You can have one next week, if you do not insist on a Lazy Daze.

99692688_2thumb_550x410.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno Major Tom. I don't know what you are looking for, but if you are same as me, meaning not being picky, I would be happy with another brand of class C RV. Lazy Daze's are somewhat rare, and I am not really sure that they are that much better.

Though I am no longer in the market, I still surf rvtrader-dot-com occasionally to see what is available. Recently, I saw a couple of 24 and 25-footer class C's with low mileage (around 25K mi), and only 7-8 year old, in the asking range of $25K. One example of a cute 22-footer is shown below. You can have one next week, if you do not insist on a Lazy Daze.
I am kind of picky actually. I've got it into my head that Lazy Daze are just about the best Class C's out there. They do seem very good and they have features that I like, such as lots of storage space and big windows, making for a great view from inside (provided that you're not boon-docking at the local sewage dump :D)

I also like the aluminum skin on a solid wooden frame, as opposed to the fiberglass that many RV shells are made from. Admittedly I'm getting a lot of my information from the Lazy Daze Yahoo Group, so perhaps I'm drinking the Kool-Aid :LOL: - talking of which, there are a lot of very enthusiastic LD owners online who are willing to share all sorts of info and details on their rigs - this kind of available info makes LD's very attractive IMO.

As regards availability yes - they are a little thin on the ground, but used ones do come come up fairly often, especially in the west. If you're willing to travel a bit and can wait until the right one appears, they are out there. I'm not in a rush (probably won't be buying for a year or two anyway) and actually do want a Lazy Daze, though am open to suggestions if anyone has good ideas on alternative Class C's.

Well, I actually do not blame you for hanging out to get a 26.5' Lazy Daze mid-bath model, the same one that Andy Baird has. I do not think there is another class C with the same large rear windows. I guess if I plan to live full-time in one, I may become picky too.

I am not so sure about the construction of aluminum-over-wood being better than the typical class C construction. The latter is usually a steel or aluminum frame, sandwiched between fiberglass skin on the outside, and lauan skin on the inside. The skin layers are bonded to the frame, with the voids filled with a foam core. I found out that mine has a steel frame, as I drilled into the roof the other day to mount the solar panel, hit a frame rail and broke the small drill bit!

Why is the above construction inferior to a wood frame? Just now, I searched the Web and this subject has stirred up quite a debate, same as paying off mortgage or not!

Anyway, the real problem is that they all are susceptible to leak at the seams. Aluminum corrodes, steel rusts, and wood rots! There was a guy on a forum looking for a used Lazy Daze, and he said he saw several that had wood rot, because the owners did not maintain their vehicles properly.

There is yet another type of construction with molded fiberglass, like the Chinook. It is said that the shell does not have seams that can leak. I do not know what they use as the reinforcement interior frame. A used Chinook is also rare, and holds its value well!

Unlike you, I was ready to travel, and could not wait. I also was not sure whether I would like RV'in' to commit more moolah than for a used vehicle. Anyway, I am still happy with my generic class C, after more than 10,000 miles and two long summer trips. As we are not full-timers, hence not campers but travelers, we do not miss the nice view one can have inside a Lazy Daze. We were on the outside, hiking! When we got back to the MH in the evening, we slept so tight that a book that I brought for night time reading didn't get read until the end of the trip.

My 3rd long summer trip will be in a few more months, and I can hardly wait. Still snow and cold up north, you know? We have already been to Yellowstone NP last year, which did not open until mid May. There was still snow on the ground in some spots, when we drove up in early July!

RV'ing is fun!

Last edited:
Hi Ron. Yep, we've made several trips now...we're getting to be old hands at this RV stuff and I'm totally HOOKED. :) The moho is some of the best money we ever wasted!! ;)

Last weekend we bought a Jeep Wrangler to use as a toad, so I'm shopping for a tow bar, base plate, etc. Thanks for the info, and see ya on the road.

Haha good on you. We bought our motorhome 2 years ago and have slept in our house a total of 5 nights since our purchase. Good luck & Happy Trails!!

100_7537.JPG

Heres our toy!

Haha good on you. We bought our motorhome 2 years ago and have slept in our house a total of 5 nights since our purchase. Good luck & Happy Trails!!

100_7537.JPG

Heres our toy!

Wow, what a beautiful rig! Congrats on that one, and happy trails! (Sounds like you have been having happy trails already! :D)

NW-Bound - I'm not exactly sure why aluminum-over-wood is supposed to be better either. I was thinking along the lines of the fact that the finish on fiberglass can fade and start to look bad, and the fact that it doesn't look too great if something hits it. Fiberglass will crack, whereas aluminum will deform, but still be in one piece - I wonder if that can help to make the construction more sturdy? I haven't looked into it as much as you have, but perhaps the bigger decider is the quality and solidity of the framing and general construction, as much as the actual materials used.

Plenty of time for me to decide anyway. In fact if I take much longer, I may eventually decide that I've read so much about RV'ing that I don't need to do it - but I don't think so ;)

Eder - your beautiful rig looks about the same size (or even bigger) than the rented accomodation I'm living in now!

Back
Top Bottom