Rave about Alaska / Horizon airlines

Urchina

Full time employment: Posting here.
We just took a weekend trip to a friend's wedding and found a great rate on Alaska / Horizon airlines (they're codeshare partners down here).

We usually fly on United and our last couple of flights with them have been less pleasant than they were before the cost-cutting measures started, so I was expecting a similar experience on Alaska. So we were happily surprised when our Alaska flight was just like it used to be, and a little bit better.

Pleasant staff, fair price, on-time departures, no luggage issues, good communication, and FREE beer and wine during the drinks service. Good snacks, too.

The other bonus? If you're not checking luggage and the Alaska ticket counter lines are backed up, you can check in using the Horizon counters, and vice-versa.

All in all, I'd recommend them highly, especially given how crummily most airlines are treating passengers these days.

Yep, they're my favorite! Too bad they don't fly everywhere.

-- Rita

Still great FF, too

I'm about to fly home with DW from DFW to Anchorage. One week advance reservation, one way, 20k miles plus $10 for BOTH of us!

Love em!

dc

Back
Top Bottom