Sacre bleu! Frozen food served in France!

I visited Paris back in 2007 and was amused to see that they have Starbucks and McDonald's there. The McDonald's was so packed with people there was a line out the door.

I visited Paris back in 2007 and was amused to see that they have Starbucks and McDonald's there. The McDonald's was so packed with people there was a line out the door.

I am French, been living in the US for 15 years and happy to be here!

Yes, I was a bit stunned to see that McDonald is extremely successful in France and also in Japan. Two countries making such big fuss about quality food and the way it is presented.

Actually, I have read that McDonald France brings more (relative) operating margins than any other McDonald international (and domestic) expansion... This did make me roll my eyes... Although I have to say I actually found it rather amusing, and I am fully entitled to make fun of my French buddies, am I? ;)

We were there in 2012 and visited some Starbucks. They are good for a quick breakfast occasionally when you want to really get moving quick. Also they have bathrooms ("twallets" in French :)). Also the French staff are friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom