Santa Fe NM Road Trip

I think it would be humanly impossible not to sing that multiple times while in Winslow! My wife sang along a couple of times but tired of it far sooner than me. The Eagles Greatest Hits album was one of the 1st 5 albums that I purchased as a kid. Pretty much wore that one out.

Very easy to sing along - Eagles songs are played on speakers at the street corner and in the 2 shops there. One shop has a video of an Eagles concert playing all day long.

This may be way too late.

Did you happen to purchase any Navajo rugs? We are heading to Santa Fe first week in November and a friend just mentioned that I might want to purchase one.

As it turns out, we just ripped out all our carpeting.

I've been Googling Navajo rugs and they are just so gorgeous. (I had no idea.)

If you have any leads about where to purchase, please share?

Thanks,
Ohyes

Did you happen to purchase any Navajo rugs? We are heading to Santa Fe first week in November and a friend just mentioned that I might want to purchase one.

Thanks,
Ohyes

If you want the genuine item, a great selection, and not pay high retail markup, go to Crownpoint, NM. We've purchased navajo rugs there a couple of times.
Rug auctions are monthly:
Crownpoint Navajo Rug Auction – Welcome

Last edited:
2nd day did an absolutely breathtaking hike! West Fork Trail, slightly outside Sedona, that is a moderate 6.6 mile hike. Stunning views throughout the whole hike. Matches up with some of my favorite hiking areas.

The only way someone would get me to hike 6.6 miles would be at gunpoint:LOL:.

On a more serious note, Im glad you had a fun trip.

Heading home we stayed at a really nice B&B, the Violet Rose B&B in Winslow AZ.

While on a trip through northern AZ a few years ago, we stopped in Winslow for a while to visit 'the corner'. DW and I are big Eagles fans. As I was approaching RE I felt like Already Gone was my theme song. We have tickets for late October to see the Eagles again in concert, with Glenn's son joining the band.

On a visit to Albuquerque my friend purchased a couple of small rugs at a shop on the square. Sorry, cannot remember the name of the store. The prices were decent. There are a couple of places we browsed before purchasing.

Thanks,
Ohyes

Once a week on the downtown square they have an open market where local artists/craftsman sell their handmade items. My wife bought some jewelry at good prices and they have a lot of very nice items for sale. I forget the exact day but they have it weekly. Some good restaurants close by as well.

While on a trip through northern AZ a few years ago, we stopped in Winslow for a while to visit 'the corner'. DW and I are big Eagles fans. As I was approaching RE I felt like Already Gone was my theme song. We have tickets for late October to see the Eagles again in concert, with Glenn's son joining the band.

Big Eagles fan as well! A fantastic album that my wife and I love is "Common Thread". It has country music artists doing covers of Eagle songs. Surprisingly great.

The only way someone would get me to hike 6.6 miles would be at gunpoint:LOL:.

On a more serious note, Im glad you had a fun trip.

:LOL: You know what, though, I'm betting that New Yorkers end up walking far more on a daily basis that folks from most other areas. That hike has very little elevation gain so think of it as a good walk around Central Park and then a stroll down 7th avenue to Times Square for a show.

Back
Top Bottom