South Florida/Keys 6 Day Trip...Ideas, Places to Eat and Stay.

e86s54

Recycles dryer sheets
All,

Looking to take a 5 or 6 day trip in South Florida/Keys. Likely gonna fly into Miami or Ft-Lauderdale, rent a convertible, visit Miami area and keys.

That's all I got planned so far and open to ideas.

Thanks in advance!

E86S54

You into freshwater fishing? If so, consider a guided bass fishing trip on Lake Okeechobee out of Roland Martin's place in Clewiston.

In Miami hit the Vizcaya Museum and Miami Beach during the day and Lincoln Road at night. If you're interested in seeing animals Monkey Jungle is worth a stop.

Spend a day in Key Largo to go snorkeling at John Pennekamp State park.

A couple days in Key West for the night life and the Hemingway House.

In Key West stay in a guest house . We stayed in the Chelsa house and it was a hoot plus walking distance from all the restaurants . Make sure to go to the sunset Celebration in Mallory Square .

We have stayed at the Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada (about halfway between Miami and Key West) probably half a dozen times. We really like it quite a bit. Get an oceanfront bungalow so you can watch the sun rise from your bed.

We usually fly in to the Marathon airport. It is a good central location for trips down to Key West or up to the Everglades.

Their website:

Florida Keys Luxury Resort

Last edited:
We visited the keys a few years ago. There is a state beach about halfway to Key West, Bahia Honda state park, that was quite nice. We also went on a jet ski trip around Key West - we liked it so much we later bought a jet ski when we got home.

I was in Key West about 4 years ago with my son. We chartered a sailboat for about 3 hours which was really nice. We did the tourist thing, shopping, eating tram tour of the old town.

We stayed on Front Street which is on the waterfront in old town right where the cruise ships dock. It was a Hyatt or Hilton, however, I think that it is part of another chain now.

The drive down from Fort Lauderdale was really nice.

Have fun!!!

In addition to the Hemingway House, I enjoyed touring the Truman Winter White House in Key West. In the spirit of the po-boy thread, excellent seafood abounds in the Keys, too. There are as many dining choices as lodging options.

Back
Top Bottom