springtime in San Antonio

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
What an absolutely beautiful city.

Here is a picture of mommy and baby hawk up in a tree outside my motorhome:

img_641202_0_e1e4f2d795ea6c86f65ceb57aafdce21.jpg

Here in Ohio, several species of hawks are taking birds in my front yard. Bird feeder once removed.

I liked San Antonio also! This was in the middle of July. Nice place a bit warm but nice :) My lovely wife was introduced to fire ants there. I never knew she could dance so well ..

There's lots to like about San Antonio. The drive between it and Austin on I-35 isn't one of them.

San Antonio is very hot, but it has a lot to offer and the cost of living is great (very low)...

In the interest of full disclosure, no thread on "San Antonio in the Springtime" should be posted without equal time for "San Antonio in the Summertime". In this case a picture says all you need to know...

img_641343_0_6936c25038c64e240aac297d1ae07875.jpg

Here in Ohio, several species of hawks are taking birds in my front yard. Bird feeder once removed.

Heh, I still miss Buzzard Day. Just as the swallows come back to San Juan Capistrano, so the buzzards come back to Hinckley, OH.

In the interest of full disclosure, no thread on "San Antonio in the Springtime" should be posted without equal time for "San Antonio in the Summertime". In this case a picture says all you need to know...
And that's just the mulch that spontaneously combusted, right?

In the interest of "fair & balanced", I though San Antonio at the end of February was pretty freakin' cold... luckily I had brought my pair of long pants, my jacket, and my sweatshirt.

Oh my - and I'm going to be in San Antonio for three months......May-Aug - oh well, is it a 'dry heat?' I grew up in AZ, so I'll compare.....although now I live in northern CA and it is a bit cooler here.

Oh my - and I'm going to be in San Antonio for three months......May-Aug - oh well, is it a 'dry heat?' I grew up in AZ, so I'll compare.....although now I live in northern CA and it is a bit cooler here.

Texas--dry heat? I don't think so. You'll be drinking a lot of sweet tea. Good stuff.

Deserat,
July/August in San Antonio!! Yikes. You could not pay me to be there in high summer. Heat is oppressive, humid, no breeze, even hot at night. The only place worse is Houston or maybe Dallas.
If you can, schedule a few trips out of town to the hill county up towards Austin while you are there. The heat is a bit drier and it is interesting countryside. There are few if any places cool in Texas in the summer.
Now spring, summer and most of winter are exceptional! That is why we are still in South Texas. We plan on visiting high country Colorado for July or August this year.
2fer

Back
Top Bottom