Travel Hack - Works for Me

I had never heard of autoslash, but started looking right now. It appears their definition of "scour the internet" is got to PriceLine (only) to find the best price. Better than manually doing it yourself, I guess, but I found the idea of me sharing the confirmation number a bit unsettling...aren't you giving them everything they need to cancel or change your reservation without your knowledge or consent?

I guess you are but I've never had an issue with them.

I have indeed noticed that in the past year or two of using them that Priceline always tends to be the best price, unless you do the pay-ahead thing (which I would never do since prices often come down).

I don't know if that's some relationship they have with Priceline or if it's just the Priceline truly is more competitive than anywhere else (most of the time).

I do usually compare to Costco and occasionally they have a better price. So, it's worth cross-checking there.

I tried autoslash for two rentals I have in the future. Not so good. They tied the lowest rate I found. I do not pay upfront with a no-refund policy. Car rates vary too much as time goes by. Same with hotels. No non-refundable rates!

Back
Top Bottom