Travelling to Prague / Krakow / Budapest in April

Euroland, I have been to Auschwitz too and I started to sweat profusely even though it was cold. I think I had a mini panic attack but well worth the experience. I felt almost as if I could feel the poor people that died there. Hard to explain. I was surprised at some of your pictures because for example they had signs up saying not to take pictures of the death wall. Someone was taking a picture of the ovens was told to stop immediately by a guide. I think the camp is important so that people never forget the horror. This type of thing can never be allowed to happen again. Some of the best books I have read on the Holocaust are: Man's Search for Meaning, Night and All But My Life. Their stories illustrate a real desire to live at any cost.

Budapest was awesome. Much less crowded, and more spread out. But still very walkable with a good metro/subway. ....

Had a great time there a few years ago with a friend (DW won't fly). We went during the Spring Music Festival, so we saw a concert most days, or hung out at the jazz, blues bars, plus fine (and cheap!) dining, museums, and walking the many bridges.

You might still catch the fest:

https://www.budapestbylocals.com/event/budapest-spring-festival/

Budapest Spring Festival (Budapesti Tavaszi Fesztivál)
March 30 - April 22

They had ticket booths at the square, and discount tickets for shows that hadn't sold out. I bought a few before we left, and the rest when we got there and had a better handle on our schedule.

-ERD50

Euroland, I have been to Auschwitz too and I started to sweat profusely even though it was cold. I think I had a mini panic attack but well worth the experience. I felt almost as if I could feel the poor people that died there. Hard to explain. I was surprised at some of your pictures because for example they had signs up saying not to take pictures of the death wall. Someone was taking a picture of the ovens was told to stop immediately by a guide. I think the camp is important so that people never forget the horror. This type of thing can never be allowed to happen again. Some of the best books I have read on the Holocaust are: Man's Search for Meaning, Night and All But My Life. Their stories illustrate a real desire to live at any cost.

Yeah..it does give you chills. We only took pictures where we were allowed to. There were no signs at the death wall, at least not when we went...No, no, no..history must not be allowed to repeat itself. I'm glad we went because nothing can ever make you realize how horrific it must have been.

Back
Top Bottom