Where to stay between gold beach and arcata .?

mh

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'll be doing some hiking along the rogue river . once that is over I'll be heading back to Southern California afterwards in the afternoon . I was think of driving back from gold beach on Down to brookings beach and redwood national forest near arcata. Is there a place anyone recommends to stay from gold beach to arcata .? The goal is to get to San Francisco vicinity the next night without too grueling of a drive .

Eureka or arcata maybe or ? Someplace with a nice downtown area I can find a brewpub maybe and stay overnight before on to SF

Any suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Trinidad is just north of Arcata. I don't know if it is still there; but spouse and I stayed at a great B&B there years ago. It overlooks the ocean. At the time, there was a great restaurant at the foot of the pier.

Trinidad is just north of Arcata. I don't know if it is still there; but spouse and I stayed at a great B&B there years ago. It overlooks the ocean. At the time, there was a great restaurant at the foot of the pier.

Are you thinking of the Lost a Whale B&B in Trinidad? DGF treated me to a night there. Very nice, but she said its over priced.

The Arcata Hotel on the Plaza looks pretty good. TripAdvisor gives it a good rating.

Mad River Brewery in Blue Lake has the best beer in the area if not the country but the food is only so so. Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka has good beer and great pub food. The Tangerine beer is way better than it sounds.

GravitySucks, I have no recollection of the name. It was over 20 years ago. I just recall it being great.

I think I've had a lost coast beer before. Thanks for the tip !

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Only been through there once, pulling a pop-up camper. I could recommend a few RV parks, that's about it... :)

Back
Top Bottom