Holy Cow: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
As Dave Barry says, I Am Not Making This Up.

The Nobel Committee felt he deserved it and awarded the prize. Its their prize and their call. I think I will op out of the Monday morning QB in this one since its a done deal and jawing about it is meaningless.

That said this world of 24/7 news coverage is exhausting and I am not looking forward to the tsunami of reports and opinion of this one. For that matter I do not look forward to the tsunami of information on most news matters. We live in a TMI world these days.

I have to admit that I have returned to my pre-ER pattern of news consumption and do not bother with this stuff as much as I have in the past three years. ER= more free time = more news consumption. Not healthy IMO. I am putting the news in the same category as my former j*b. I have got better things to do with my time.

I don't pay much attention to the news either. If you hadn't posted this, I would have remained (blissfully) unaware.

It is sort of like all of those award winning movies--I've never seen a one! Oh wait, I did watch The Sting the other week--it won 9 Academy awards in 1973.
Great movie! And boy were those two guys HOT!

Cattus--we live in a (comparatively) news-free household as well! Good for you!

I don't pay much attention to the news either. If you hadn't posted this, I would have remained (blissfully) unaware.

It is sort of like all of those award winning movies--I've never seen a one! Oh wait, I did watch The Sting the other week--it won 9 Academy awards in 1973.
Great movie! And boy were those two guys HOT!

Cattus--we live in a (comparatively) news-free household as well! Good for you!

Kind of lowers the stress level and face it nothing "tragic" has happened by not being constantly plugged it.

It was all over the NPR news this morning...apparently this was a huge suprise to many (including Obama)...

My opinion: "Whateva..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom