Amazon Prime movie suggestions

You should have stuck around. You would have found that the actress, Tatiana Maslany, plays the part of many characters in the film... each with different looks and personalities. I was quite impressed with her (acting) abilities.

See, for instance: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/04/orphan-black-clones

OK, started watching again (Orphan Black) and made it to episode 3 in Season One. That's when it got good for me. Finally things made sense when the other clones pop up and explain things. I have to overlook all the unbelievable things that happen though, all the plot-convenient coincidences. And in episode one and two all sorts of things did not make any sense. I know the writers plan it that way on purpose, but it still bugs me. I don't remember Breaking Bad having all these unexplained 'mystery' happenings, and I loved Breaking Bad. Still watching OB, just hoping it stays good from now on. Yes, I also enjoy seeing the main actress in her various roles.

Maybe Netflix has Lala Land. I thought it was good. The romance between Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone is believable, and interesting. Lots of singing and dancing, which I liked for some reason. It all seemed to fit together right, as crazy as it all was.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but I see that Spaceballs is available for free on Amazon Prime.

We just finished the PBS series, Carrier on Amazon Prime. Very enlightening and entertaining. So glad I went Army!

Killing Eve

Just finished the first (and only so far) season of ‘Killing Eve’ and it’s great. I particularly like Sandra Oh.

Just finished the first (and only so far) season of ‘Killing Eve’ and it’s great. I particularly like Sandra Oh.

I agree. Very entertaining show. Sandra Oh should win her Emmy nomination for this (IMHO).

:LOL: Reviving this Amazon Prime Video thread because OCD

...We've been watching The Indian Doctor on Amazon Prime. If you liked Doc Martin, you may like this one - an outsider doc in a tight knit rural community. Here, the doc is an Indian immigrant and it is based in a coal mining village in Wales.{posted in Netflix thread}

We watched this and enjoyed the first few episodes. Not sure where it was going. The fish out of water theme runs through it. On the flip side we also enjoy Amazon’s Good Karma Hospital, where a young doctor returns to India to practice at a local hospital under a British doc.

Hunted is a pretty wild one if you like your British James Bond type shows - gender reversed in this case. DH thoroughly enjoyed it, now I’m watching it.

We did watch the 1st season of Hunted and look forward to the next season.

Last night, we watched the (Super Bowl hyped) "Hanna" premier. It has some potential... however, it is strange that one must wait until march to see additional episodes -- like my attention span is that long.

:LOL: Reviving this Amazon Prime Video thread because OCD

Whoa! It's baaaaack!!!!!

I have an update: I've got Netflix now. I just added one of the suggestions from the Netflix thread to my list ("Last Laugh", sounds good). Between Prime and Netflix, the thought of "there's nothing to watch" is history for me.

Whoa! It's baaaaack!!!!!

I have an update: I've got Netflix now. I just added one of the suggestions from the Netflix thread to my list ("Last Laugh", sounds good). Between Prime and Netflix, the thought of "there's nothing to watch" is history for me.

And if you are in to British/Australian/Canadian programs, you should -- for real sensory overload -- look into adding Acorn.TV.

And if you are in to British/Australian/Canadian programs, you should -- for real sensory overload -- look into adding Acorn.TV.

Thanks. I am but I have this pre-existing condition of being really slow on the uptake. As an example, only this past (2017-8) winter did I finally get around to watching "Downton Abbey" (on Prime). I absolutely loved it and now grieve with the rest of you.

Thanks. I am but I have this pre-existing condition of being really slow on the uptake.

<chuckle> Lucky you. I am, unfortunately, a low serial number kind of guy.

Anyway, Acorn goes way beyond the stuff found on PBS. (Not a knock on PBS, by any means, but they are very limited in this genre -- mostly, of course, because of time constraints.)

Thanks. I am but I have this pre-existing condition of being really slow on the uptake. As an example, only this past (2017-8) winter did I finally get around to watching "Downton Abbey" (on Prime). I absolutely loved it and now grieve with the rest of you.

Try "Victoria" if you like Downton Abbey. Every episode has historical events that I check out and they are pretty accurate. Her marriage, her children, her reaction to disaster is amazing. Her reign as queen was 64 years! I even looked at actual Victoria paintings and pictures to see if the actress resembles her. She does to an extent(as a young queen), except Victoria was chubby. I love English history. I wish they'd make an accurate one about King Henry the XIII and his daughter Elizabeth with Ann Boleyn. That would take 10 seasons. I'd watch every episode.

Try "Victoria" if you like Downton Abbey.

I’ll remember that. As it happened, once I was done with all the episodes, I then had to cope with DTs (Downton Tremens). I discovered a bunch of episodes of “Upstairs, Downstairs” on YouTube that helped the disorder.

Homecoming, a psychological thriller with Julia Roberts, may appeal generally but especially to fans of Mr Robot with which it shares Sam Esmail as director.

After reading through the thread ten favorite movies of all time I've become much less enamored of Amazon Prime and will let it lapse when it expires. I went through the list while logged on to my Amazon account, intending to put movies of interest on the watchlist. What I found was that while many of the movies were there, virtually all of them required additional payment (usually around $3.99) beyond the annual fee for Prime membership. Gee, the $120 annual fee wasn't enough for you greedy jerks?

I guess I kinda missed that part in the advertising about available movies on Amazon Prime.:facepalm:

Of all the movies that I was interested in, I only found two or three that were included with Prime. So I finally settled on The Time Machine, always a good yarn, but not in the league of top ten movies.

Walt, we don't find as much on Amazon Prime Video as Netflix. But we do watch some of the free series there. Of course, entertainment tastes varies all over the map.

We use the Amazon Prime benefits a lot. Especially since they took over Whole Foods Market. We get a lot of 5% CC savings that we use on Amazon 2 day delivery purchases.

I agree that Netflix’s offerings are superior to Prime but intend to keep my Prime subscription.

I first joined Prime after discovering, right here at e-r.org, that they had a limited price drop to $79.99/yr from the then-current $99.99/yr. I can’t recall if Prime Video existed then.

I don’t like the way movies appear and disappear from Prime but see that one I posted about a while back has returned: “Marlene”, an interview-type documentary of Marlene Dietrich.

Yesterday, The Expanse put season 3 onto Amazon Prime, free to watch if you have the service, joining the other two seasons that have been there for a while. This was inevitable since Amazon now owns the show, buying it after it was cancelled by Syfy, but it’s an interesting tale given that world’s richest man, Jeff Bezos, is reportedly a huge fan of the series, and seems to have been instrumental in its resurrection, announcing the purchase himself at an event with the cast in attendance. Hell, if I was a multi-billionaire, you can bet we’d be on season 15 of Firefly right about now.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ng-the-expanse-on-amazon-prime-right-now/amp/

Yesterday, The Expanse put season 3 onto Amazon Prime, free to watch if you have the service, joining the other two seasons that have been there for a while. This was inevitable since Amazon now owns the show, buying it after it was cancelled by Syfy,
Things like this keep me subscribing to Prime. It seems that about the time I am done watching one of their special shows another one pops up. Today, Miss Maisel, tomorrow the next season of The Expanse. Before that it was Bosch.

Syfy's dropping of The Expanse is just another reason I don't get cable. Maybe the Sharknado crowd wants to see even more of these kinds of films on Syfy? I don't know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom