Annual Sirius XM Dance

Hmmm, I just did this on the 24th. It was a Sunday so no phone that day but I did it via online chat. I was getting $5 a month and so they continued it. Didn't know to ask for the Dot and they didn't mention it. With fees and taxes it is $77.93

FYI you can also use it for streaming, on computer or phone app. Not just in car. So there's that.

Man, I am getting screwed big time. I'm paying $26/mo and my renewal is due soon. I hardly do any driving anymore but I justify it since it is accessible on my phone and laptop. I don't plan to go without XM but I might drop it for a few months until they offer me a better price.

Just contact them now and say you are cancelling unless you get the $5 a month rate. Ask them for the Dot. I didn't know about it so didn't but you could try. You can always cancel

We had it from 2003-2014 & found value at the time. When they merged, the prices started to climb.

It was nice while living in Mexico as it reached most of the country. After returning, Amazon Prime gave me the music I wanted. Podcasts are also free.

I seem to remember paying $8-9/mo for the online & 1 car.

Can someone tell me if the $5 plans include the Major League Baseball channels or not please? I would consider signing back up if I could use it to listen to baseball games streaming to my phone while I'm out for a walk. I pay for my data usage on Google Fi, but Sirius XM compresses the crap out of their "talk" channels, so I'm not worried about the hit to my data plan. Like most of you, I'm hardly in the car these days, so even though $5 is a good price, I don't think I'll sign back up just for in car audio options. And yes, one reason I didn't renew once the $5 offer showed up in my In box (after I cancelled) was the short duration of it and the hassle of "doing the dance" again in just a few months.

Edit to add: Prior to cancelling more than a year ago, I was paying ~$120/year all-in, but my package did not include the sports channels. They would not lower my price at that time to what I knew was their "return to us" offer, so you had to cancel to get the best price. What a stupid business model. IMHO SiriusXM should NEVER let a subscriber go because we're highly likely to never return.

Last edited:
$60
+ Royalty 12.84 (21.4%)
+ Tax 10.02 <-- that is higher than my normal sales tax, which would be $5.09, but I perhaps there are some state taxes wrapped in there special like hotels do?

Royalty, yes it's a radio station. I wonder who the genius was that decided they should charge extra for playing music..I think car rental companies should start charging extra for tires on the car.

I was delighted when we got a USB connection for our car stereo. No more satellite radio -yeah! I much preferred to plug in an iPod or our phones.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I just did this on the 24th. It was a Sunday so no phone that day but I did it via online chat. I was getting $5 a month and so they continued it. Didn't know to ask for the Dot and they didn't mention it. With fees and taxes it is $77.93

FYI you can also use it for streaming, on computer or phone app. Not just in car. So there's that.

Just contact them now and say you are cancelling unless you get the $5 a month rate. Ask them for the Dot. I didn't know about it so didn't but you could try. You can always cancel

Just finished doing this a few minutes ago thru online chat which I would rather do than waiting on the phone. back to $5/month plus fees of another $1.07. I wasn't paying attention for the last 3 months and was paying $20.83/month instead of my initial $6.07.:facepalm: I like it enough @$6/month. I don't like it enough to pay $21/month.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if the $5 plans include the Major League Baseball channels or not please? I would consider signing back up if I could use it to listen to baseball games streaming to my phone while I'm out for a walk.

It's not in mine (I have the $5 a month select plan that I think most of us do) - just tried in the app and got "Sorry, this channel is not part of your subscription package."

Can someone tell me if the $5 plans include the Major League Baseball channels or not please? I would consider signing back up if I could use it to listen to baseball games streaming to my phone while I'm out for a walk.

Mine does. I'm pretty sure they all do.

I appreciate all the encouragement to lobby for a discount, but I feel a bit like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football that is being tee'd up by Lucy. I cancelled a 2nd subscription awhile back and waited (and waited) for a promo but it never came. Have a feeling I don't fit the demo to get these deals but what the hey!

My all access plan was due to renew at a much higher rate in Feb. I went on chat to cancel and went through multiple offers that I rejected with simply "Thanks, but I want to cancel". Finally the rep offered me "Three months free with just a $2 royalty/setup fee". They started it immediately, and with the credit from Jan 25 or so to Feb 20 I ended up with a $6 credit and three months all access service. :)

$60
+ Royalty 12.84 (21.4%)
+ Tax 10.02 <-- that is higher than my normal sales tax, which would be $5.09, but I perhaps there are some state taxes wrapped in there special like hotels do?

Yeah ripoff on the taxes, but still worth it to me for less than $100 per year.
At full price, no way.

It's not in mine (I have the $5 a month select plan that I think most of us do) - just tried in the app and got "Sorry, this channel is not part of your subscription package."

Not in mine either.

Can someone tell me if the $5 plans include the Major League Baseball channels or not please?

The $5/mo plan is usually for the Select plan, SiriusXM list MLB play by play as part of the Select plan channels. This is a current promo on their web site:
https://www.siriusxm.com/packages?intcmp=GN_HEADER_NEW_Subscriptions_SubscribeNow_CompareAllPackages
Select
$5/mo for 12 Months
Then $16.99 per month.
Fees and taxes apply. See Offer Details below.

All your favorites. Listen in your car, on your phone, or at home. Channel lineup varies by radio device. View Channel Lineup

325+ channels, including 155+ in your car, plus even more you can stream on your phone, at home, and online
News, entertainment, comedy, and sports
Ad-free music for every genre and decade, plus streaming channels for your party, workout, and more
Thousands of shows and videos available on demand
Top sports talk and analysis
MLB®, NBA, NHL®, NCAA® play-by-play

The XM price dance is for those who want a better deal. When it came time to renew, I got the bill. I called the XM retention dept and I told them the price is too high to renew . They then offered me another year but for only $99 for the next 12 months . When that promotion expires I call the retention dept and play the dance again.

Its all too irritating for me, waited hour+ to cancel service for car that had been in an accident, so pissed off when I reached the agent I said just cancel both cars, I'm not going to deal with this. Liked their sound service but not the run-around, should be as easy to cancel as to sign up. So I use Pandora now, really love it.

I exited the dance floor a couple of years ago. I wasn’t driving that much, and once I learned how to use my phone and play virtual anything that I wanted (podcasts, YouTube videos of music of comedians, audible books) i decided to save the license fee. I sold the car last year and didn’t buy another, so it’s one less cost on the spreadsheet.

After doing the dance for years. I finally cancelled both my cars. I was offered a better offers each time I said "no". When I was asked why I wouldn't take the latest best offer, I told them I was tired of having to call every year and do this. I now get a letter in the mail every 6 months with an offer, but I don't miss the service at all.

Back
Top Bottom