I Just Dumbed Down My Phone and It Feels Good

The dumbing down isn't the best as the phone also killed my call blocker app I was running in the background. So, in effect, makes the call blocker app useless.

As a glutton for punishment, I bought another phone and looks like will be messing with that this weekend. The phone is larger (should help prevent some of my typos when texting). But is probably the same garbage killing background apps. I shall see.

Good thing Consumer Cellular has a 45 day return policy if not happy :).

I've had the phone that kills background apps for about 30 days. It is all packed and ready to go.

As for the newer phone, there actually is hope. I haven't seen the phone (same brand, different model, same android 10) kill my background weather app or Signal as my default texting app.

In the settings, I did tell the phone to not be such a miser on saving battery, so this may be helping.

To be continued.

Oh, I'm quite happy with a bigger sized display to look at.

Update ... I may have to take all the bad things I said about Android 10. Well, not all as still a bit confusing to me.

But seems my new phone may be working. Got a couple of text messages this morning from my Signal SMS app, the weather app didn't get killed and even got a notification from Amazon on an order.

So, maybe the previous phone was just a bad, cheap phone :popcorn:.

Back
Top Bottom