Netflix movie or show suggestion

Could be, I sometimes forget that Netflix has a DVD plan.
Is that not an anachronism from the US roots of the company? I use Netflix in Canada/Mexico/France and Germany. DVD is not an option for most of the Netflix experience.

It's not an anachronism, it's the main reason I still have Netflix. Their streaming movie choices are pretty lousy, as is Amazon's. I watch more movies than TV shows, so if it wasn't for the DVDs there would be no reason to have a Netflix subscription. I do watch streaming stuff, but am usually annoyed at the lack of choice.

And by the way, Atomic Blonde is a waste of time. Charlize Theron showing an incredible lack of depth in a boring action thriller.

Last edited:
I watched "The Returned" and would NOT recommend it. I understand the original French series was very good, so I will have to try to find that.

Watched Wind River last night. Detective type tale. Interesting characters. Very good-Made me wish it continued as a series.

We’re enjoying watching the Cable Girls - switchboard operators in 1920s era Madrid Telephone company. Lush production values. Spanish language with excellent English subtitles. Only odd thing is they use modern music which is too bad because 1920s music was great fun.

Black sails is indeed fantastic. We haven’t watched season 4 yet.

But that is a STARZ program. I don’t think it’s available on Netflix?

It is indeed available on Netflix here in South America. I understand that we sometimes have different programming then you folks up North.

Surprised I’m saying this about “Lost in Space” but, this looks promising from the trailer.

I am getting the impression that they learned from the reboot of Battle Star Galactica. That reboot was much better than the original, IMHO.

The robot looks very cool. :D

It is indeed available on Netflix here in South America. I understand that we sometimes have different programming then you folks up North.

Yep - STARZ holds onto their newer content for quite a while in the US

If you're going there, I really enjoyed 20 Feet From Stardom as well as The Wrecking Crew. And thanks for reminding me about the genre. There are a bunch of others I'd like to watch.

both of these were outstanding, imho.. there's also a doc about Muscle Shoals and the Swampers..

Muscle Shoals (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes
MUSCLE SHOALS is a documentary about a place filled with magic and music, legend and folklore, where the river is inhabited by a Native American spirit who has lured some of the greatest Rock and Roll and Soul legends of all time, and drawn from them some of the most uplifting, defiant, and important music ever ...

Season 2 of Occupied.

Halfway through and so far it’s been great.

Back
Top Bottom