Netflix movie or show suggestion

Try Wild Wild Country documentary, what a hoot and it really happened. One of the interviewees is the son of the Nike founder. I was in my 20's when this happened but do not remember any of it. You get both sides of the story and it's pretty fascinating. Netflix

We have enjoyed the three My Next Guest Letterman interviews: Obama, Clooney and Yousafzai. Clooney was the best.

Interesting new Netflix special called the Push, about how easily people bend their morals to social pressure.

New Netflix special Derren Brown: The Push orchestrates events against a supposedly unwitting subject, pushing him into higher and higher pressure situations until he arrives at a clarifying event: will he commit murder by pushing someone off a roof? But, of course, there’s a bigger question looming over all this: is The Push fake, or real?

The subject, Chris, begins as a charity gala guest, but soon finds himself helping to move a dead body. At every step, the request seems just on the edge of reasonable. If he’s already dead (of a heart attack), why interrupt the gala (it’s for a good cause after all)? Chris, like many of us, wants to be liked, wants to be reasonable, and acquiesces to increasingly absurd demands. Social pressure from an army of in-on-it actors pushes him to impersonate the dead person, manipulate the body like Weekend at Bernie’s, and then, in the climactic moment, nudges him towards murder when the dead person turns out not to be so dead after all.

Try Wild Wild Country documentary, what a hoot and it really happened. One of the interviewees is the son of the Nike founder. I was in my 20's when this happened but do not remember any of it. You get both sides of the story and it's pretty fascinating. Netflix

We just binged on that this week. What a story! In college I actually stayed at their hostel in Amsterdam. Their program wasn’t my cup of tea but they had nice (purple) futons, hot (private ;) )showers and organic food, so we were quite happy.

Really enjoyed the Netflix documentary “Jim and Andy” about Jim Carey’s portrayal of Andy Kaufman in “Man on the Moon.”. It’s hard to say who is more interesting. I found Jim Carey’s commentary very moving and wise. This is a guy who was homeless in high school and worked hard to manifest every one of his showbiz dreams. Yet, he ended up in a surprising “place” that isn’t the myth that massive success like Carey’s is supposed to bring.

Last edited:
The reboot of "Queer Eye" is really good, takes the concept a lot further than the original (but if you hated the original, this won't be for you).

DH just binged through "Terrace House" a japanese reality show that looks quite interesting.

not goingg thru all 57 pages, but we're watching Broadchurch = UK murder mystery. I will caution that they have marbles in their mouths !!!!!!

Check out Mindhunter, Manhunt - Unabomber, Ozark and Bloodline. All are dramas (somewhat dark topics), but very well-written and addictive/bingeworthy. All are available on Netflix.

We also are currently enjoying The Ranch. Very funny, but also fairly raunchy. Sam Elliott is great at comedy (who knew?)

not goingg thru all 57 pages, but we're watching Broadchurch = UK murder mystery. I will caution that they have marbles in their mouths !!!!!!
there are many UK murder mystery series that are very good, including broadchurch. 1 thing I found very helpful is to turn on the subtitles option to better understand what they are saying.

Just finished binging on Justified. That was a very good series and was wrapped up quite well in season 6. Thanks everyone who recommended it. It’s amazon prime, not Netflix.

Been very much enjoying a Spanish Netflix series called El Ministerio del Tiempo (The Ministry of Time). It's a Spanish time travel show that would appeal to history buffs and Dr. Who fans.

"""The Ministry of Time is the best kept secret of the Spanish state: an autonomous government institution that reports directly to the Prime Minister. Its patrols have to watch the doors of time so that no intruder from other eras can change history for their own benefit.

The series follows the assignments of the Ministry's newest patrol: the one formed by Army of Flanders soldier Alonso de Entrerríos, 19th century student Amelia Folch and 21st century Samur paramedic Julián Martínez."""

Netflix is now 20 years old.
Amazing! I remember how great it was to get my first disk in the mail. WOW! No more being a prisoner of the local theaters movie schedule. And, there were all those other movies that I never knew about and/or never made it to my local theaters.

FWIW, I watched the first episode of Lost In Space - they really dragged it out.

If episode one is representative of the entire first seasons the only thing I can say is - Danger Will Robinson!

Lady Dynamite. Season One was fairly funny. Season Two might have gotten too much into dealing with mental illness unintentionally along with the intentional addressing of depression. A little deeper than most sitcoms.

Netflix is now 20 years old.
Amazing! I remember how great it was to get my first disk in the mail. WOW! No more being a prisoner of the local theaters movie schedule. And, there were all those other movies that I never knew about and/or never made it to my local theaters.

FWIW, I watched the first episode of Lost In Space - they really dragged it out.

If episode one is representative of the entire first seasons the only thing I can say is - Danger Will Robinson!

You weren’t a prisoner of the theater schedules back then but of that damned Blockbuster on the corner a 5 min (or more) drive away with their darn tight rental windows and late fees. And never mind that it took forever to pick videos/DVDs. I just remember how much of a pain it was. We never actually did the Netflix mail DVD thing, but I totally got it.

And the mom and pop and then chain video rental places went the way of the dodo......

DH watched the first episode and thought it was too kid oriented for him to enjoy.

Has anyone seen any episodes of "Lost in Space". I loved that show when I was a kid, so will be watching the netflix version soon.

Also, for the car junkies, the "Fastest Car" series is amusing. I've watched 7/8 episodes.

Just finished "La casa del papel" (House of Paper) and can't get this song out of my head.

I listened to it. I'm the same way with the theme to "Peaky Blinders." I obsess lol, there are many different Youtube videos of the Red Right Hand. I can dance to it. Also, with Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, but many musicians have done that song. It sends chills down my spine.

Has anyone seen any episodes of "Lost in Space". I loved that show when I was a kid, so will be watching the netflix version soon.

I am about 10 episodes in an really like it. Many reviewers do not, however. It has a big budget so it is visually spectacular. The acting is uneven, but decent. I am hoping it gets renewed.

I have finished the first season and I like it. Will look forward to season 2.

Probably not on Netflix yet, but coming? I just saw Book Club starring Jane Fonda, Diane Keaton, and 2 other female movie stars I can't remember right now. The reviews said it was very tame, predictable fluffy fare. I went anyway, wanting to see how the 4 stars have aged, physically and mentally. They all look good, and all have the same personalities as before. OK, check that accomplishment off my to do list. But I was disappointed in general. No suspense, no real drama. Silly, unrealistic scenes. Not much character development. OK, what did I expect, right? Well, it is funny in some spots, I'll give it that!

Last edited:
Safe - new 8 part drama series, UK based. If you can handle Michael C Hall's passable attempt at an accent (harder for UK ears than US ones), it's pretty good.

Fast paced plot twisty who-dunnit and good performances all around.

Probably not on Netflix yet. 'I Feel Pretty' with Amy Schumer. I liked it, but I'm an Amy Schumer fan.

Finished all four episodes of "Evil Genius" and thought it was quite good. I vaguely recalled the news story from 2003 (pizza delivery guy has a bomb locked around his neck and is forced to rob a bank) but couldn't recall any follow-up or even whether the case was solved. It's good to see someone followed the whole story.

Back
Top Bottom