Netflix movie or show suggestion

DH is glued to Jessica Jones right now. "Fallen" superhero trying to get her life together and chase down a really bad dude while doing mildly superhero-ish things in NYC.
Definitely jumps right into some, ahem, mature content. Fair warning.

I've heard mixed reviews about it. I'll have to check it out. I trust Don better than DD as far as TV goes.

Watched the first episode of "The Night Of". Seemed pretty decent crime drama. Starts out with a student attending what appeared to be a real life physics lecture (mentioned Stokes Theorem). The lecturer actually rapped out equations on the board like real life college profs. Seemed to be a good effort at showing realism blended into entertainment.

Anyway, might be a promising series. It was suggested to us by our son who is 32. Generally we have different tastes then him. Could be he is maturing or we are going downhill or meeting in the middle? :)

I've heard mixed reviews about it. I'll have to check it out. I trust Don better than DD as far as TV goes.

It is pretty saucy. And I agree that you will know during the first episode if it is to your liking.

And I will have to tell DH that you trust his tv selections. He is famous for selecting (to me) awful movies!

Just finished watching all 8 episodes of 11.22.63 based on Stephen King's book. I didn't read the book so I'm not sure how close it follows but the DVD series was pretty good, if you like science fiction time travel scenarios.

Just finished watching all 8 episodes of 11.22.63 based on Stephen King's book. I didn't read the book so I'm not sure how close it follows but the DVD series was pretty good, if you like science fiction time travel scenarios.

The book was easily one of King's best in well over a decade. Glad to hear the mini-series holds up on its own. I don't have Hulu, so not sure when/if I'll see it.

Even though this thread started as Netflix, I notice postings about shows from others platforms.

It really helps if the poster includes where they streamed it from. I have Netflix and Prime so those are the only shows I would look for.

Even though this thread started as Netflix, I notice postings about shows from others platforms.

It really helps if the poster includes where they streamed it from. I have Netflix and Prime so those are the only shows I would look for.

I agree (and I'm sure I've done it myself). I look on Netflix for shows posted here and get confused when I can't find them (why yes I do get easily confused).

There actually is a separate thread for Amazon Prime suggestions: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/amazon-prime-movie-suggestions-80219.html

Last edited:
The book was easily one of King's best in well over a decade. Glad to hear the mini-series holds up on its own. I don't have Hulu, so not sure when/if I'll see it.
It's available on NetFlix DVD's now. Two disks with four episodes on each. That's how I watched it.

We've been watching the Last Kingdom on Netflix.

If you have any interest in the Saxon kingdoms of England, the Danish (Viking) invasion and pagan Danelaw vs. Christian Wessex (the last kingdom), this is a neat period immersion. Very entertaining and educational. 800s England.

And very nice eye candy playing lead role young Saxon Prince/adopted Dane character.

They do this really cool thing where they show the old English name for a town and morph it into the modern name. Like Wintanceastre to Winchester.

The older (Anglian) name for York was Eoforwic. Picking off Saxon kingdoms, the Danes first invaded Northumbria in 866 and this is where the series begins.

Last edited:
I also wish that we had separate lists for the streaming providers (Netflix, Amazon, etc.) and individual movie rentals via the internet. I plow through the list of suggestions only to find that I can't locate the streaming source. I really would like to use the suggestions but often am so frustrated about where to find a particular show or movie - I just give up.

I also wish that we had separate lists for the streaming providers (Netflix, Amazon, etc.) and individual movie rentals via the internet. I plow through the list of suggestions only to find that I can't locate the streaming source. I really would like to use the suggestions but often am so frustrated about where to find a particular show or movie - I just give up.
There is a separate thread for Prime movies, here http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/amazon-prime-movie-suggestions-80219.html There have also been multiple suggestions for members to post the streaming source, but people do forget. :facepalm:

You could spring for a Roku (worth it, IMHO) - it shows the streaming sources (at least the ones it has knowledge of - 20 of them right now, all of the biggies) of your search terms (title, actor, etc.) and how much it costs, or if free, on each.

dev-1024x576.jpg

Apple TV 4 will also search across streaming sources to find your movie or show.

My favorite cop show returns to Netflix for a 5th season in September. Longmire......

One of our very favorite shows, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom