Our 65" LG OLED Wall Mounted TV is a lemon

Glad you stood your ground. Hope you are happy with the outcome. Hard to believe you went through that much trouble with a Costco purchase.

I don't want to pile on to Costco, but I've learned that they're not always the best place to buy electronics. They're on of those stores that get the manufacture to adjust the model to fit their pricing. For example, my tv only has two HDMI inputs. The similar model at other stores (Best Buy) has three. Well, I have Roku, Apple TV and a game unit. Three would have been nice but I thought I was comparing the same tv's. Also, I was shopping for a new multi function printer. The Costco model ended in "cdw" but the one on the HP site ended with "fdw". F is for fax. Costco sells it cheaper, but it doesn't have the fax. That may indeed not matter to many people, but I don't like the practice.

Buyer beware.

You probably know this already, but up until just recently all OLEDs used LG panels. Samsung and Sony have new QD-OLED TVs for 2022.

Our new Sony from Best Buy is a QD-OLED 2022. Thrilled!

Wow nice, that's way more than an LG.

We had LG 65" OLED 2021

This is what we bought: Sony - 65" class BRAVIA XR A80K 4K HDR OLED~$2000 (2022)

We like the simplicity of the Sony, so easy to navigate. Easy to get cc on each app. The LG was difficult to navigate and we were constantly going to the settings. The LG kept giving us messages for different things.

The picture on the LG was bright almost too bright, but our tv room is dark. And the LG sound was loud, even at a lower volume. The Sony picture is much better, not as bright and I like the sound. I have tinnitus and the Sony is kinder to my ears. We're really happy with how this turned out. Hindsight is 20/20, should have gone to Best Buy first.

I don't think the A80K is QD-OLED, which is brand new for this year.

Sony uses LG OLED panels in their lower-priced models.

The A95K is the QD-OLED model and the 65-inch version is $4000.

I don't think the A80K is QD-OLED, which is brand new for this year.

Sony uses LG OLED panels in their lower-priced models.

The A95K is the QD-OLED model and the 65-inch version is $4000.

Yikes! The salesman at BB didn't show us that model, not that we would have bought it. Got to pay attention to all those model letters and numbers:)

Here's the thing, a tech-challenged person goes to BB and sees all the big pretty TVs and pictures. One has to research the true value of a model like the QD-OLED. The complexities of operating these TVs, how to use settings to get what you want, line up all your apps, and decide what streaming service to save $ and get value. Some say, "easy peasy." For me, give me a simple one or two clicks and I'm good. This Sony is so easy to use, the settings are one and done. The movie and series picture quality is good.

I will say, a great pic for sports is important. I don't think we're skimping on the sports experience, although DH might disagree. Baseball (not) but football, soccer and basketball-important.

Back
Top Bottom