What's on YouTube?

Wow! That was featured on 60 Minutes not long ago. I just sat there with my mouth open...

What a wonderful world we live in...

Agree with the DIY videos. Lot's of good info.

50 years ago, used to love the ol Bullwinkle and Rocky cartoons:

Two Favorites at Our House

For pure mirth:

John Branyan's "Shakespeare's Three Little Pigs"

Jeanne Robertson's "Never Send a Man to the Grocery Store"

Then, once hooked on these two, it's fun to follow up with some of their other sketches.

:D

Sarah...Mickey the cat has now watched the birds on Utube...and he likes it. Mickey says he wants one that is a little warmer outside since his old bones likes it warm.

I think this is a brilliant ad:

Most of our viewing is on PBS so few commercials.

Youtube has:
2. "Johnny Carson" channel, with a few complete episodes and a large number of clips. It's like time traveling to lay in bed at night and watch some Carson streamed to a TV....

Like this classic one from 1969--with Buddy Rich, Louie Bellson, Judy Carne, Bob Hope, Dean Martin, George Gobel, Robert Wagner and Carol Wayne?

Last edited:
This old video is incredible. The pilot does maneuvers in a business suit that Top Gun would be proud of. Apparently he is still alive, aged 92!

Bob Hoover -- Engine-out Aerobatics! - YouTube

Last edited:
This old video is incredible. The pilot does maneuvers in a business suit that Top Gun would be proud of. Apparently he is still alive, aged 92!

Awesome. Loved the first comment:

Matt Foster 7 months ago

Chuck Norris wants to be Bob Hoover when he grows up.
:LOL:

What did he say? Something like 'A pilot really should have no concern if one of his engines goes out'! OK, I get it - airspeed is the key, but I think I'd be concerned!

Never having flown a plane, I can't really appreciate everything going on. But it sure looks amazing to see him take off and do a barrel roll almost immediately. I think I'd want a little more time and space between me and the ground.

-ERD50

Awesome. Loved the first comment:

:LOL:

What did he say? Something like 'A pilot really should have no concern if one of his engines goes out'! OK, I get it - airspeed is the key, but I think I'd be concerned!

Never having flown a plane, I can't really appreciate everything going on. But it sure looks amazing to see him take off and do a barrel roll almost immediately. I think I'd want a little more time and space between me and the ground.

-ERD50

I a Googled a little further and found that "Thrillseekers" was a TV series produced from 1973-74. So this was over 40 years ago. It's amazing that the plane stood up to it.

It depends on the circumstances, bearing in mind that twin engine airplanes have two engines because they don't fly worth a dang on one.

If you're at 10,000 feet, cruise speed, over decent (i.e., flat) terrain and have burned off half or more of your fuel load, then yeah, no concern.

Fully loaded on a hot day, short runway, and the wheels just left the ground and a forest in front of you, that's a whole different ball game. Be concerned. Very concerned.

On a completely unrelated note, here's an interesting Ted Talk on weight loss. Math and physics nerds will love this. The bad news is you still have to eat less and exercise more to loose weight.

The mathematics of weight loss: Ruben Meerman at TEDxQUT - YouTube

Dan Ariely, author of Predictably Irrational, gave this Ted Talk:

Self Control: Dan Ariely at TEDxDuke - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom