Who wears a Watch

I used to wear watches religiously, beginning in 5th grade, but then stopped about a year after I stopped working. The watch I was wearing at that time was a Rolex Sub Mariner, and I felt kind of silly wearing it with pretty casual clothes. This spring I bought an Apple Watch and wear it all the time now.

I quit wearing a watch when I quit working. I got an iWatch a few months ago and I was surprised at how much I like it. The band is very comfortable and I wear it most of the time.

I always wear a watch that's waterproof. As I need it when out fly fishing I can lose track of time. Also when I'm hiking or mountain biking. Most places I go have no cell service, so a phone would drain power quickly also mine wouldn't survive a dunk under water.

Never wear a watch any more. Always have my phone with me so no need for a watch. Oh, and since I retired I can be a bit more flexible with my time or so I tell myself.

I wear a Pebble Time Steel with a watchface that shows the day of the week in BOLD letters. I always seem to forget what day of the week it is :D

I’ve always worn a watch. Although I’m retired, time management is still important to me so having a watch is an absolute necessity; and I don’t always carry my cellphone with me.

I sometimes think I’m a dinosaur with my preference for analog watches. At my local public swimming pool, they’ve always had four big analog wall clocks. Last week, they replaced them all with digital clocks. I asked why and the pool manager said that the school kids who use the pool complained that they didn’t know how to read the analog clocks so they didn’t know when it was time to leave.

Selling well

I work as a merchandiser at my local Target and i can say that watches sell. We carry Timex type watches that range from $19.99 to $42.99 and they all move.

The thread about who wears a wedding ring got me wanting to ask about wearing a watch.

I never have wore a watch in my life either. Not that I didn't need to know the time for schedules and all that but seems like vehicles, phones and every place you go has a clock or time shown some place. I never needed one and I sure don't now while not working any more.

I have had some time pieces but I disliked them hanging on the wrist.

I wouldn't be without mine. I like digital. My wife prefers a face.

I horse-traded computer consulting work for a pair of 18K Rolex President watches about 30 years ago, & shocked the hell out of my wife for her birthday! We both still wear them, along with our wedding bands.

Sad thing is that when I asked our son if he'd like it when I'm dead & gone, he said that he depends on his phone, & would never wear it. So he said to just sell it, & go on another cruise. That's what I plan to do!

Me too re never wearing watches, but I didn't get an Apple watch until this spring, to replace a fitbit that did not show the time. I am shocked at how much I love it (pale gray band, the smaller case)

Same here - so incredibly useful!

Haven’t worn a watch in years. I usually have my smartphone with me, and there are clocks almost everywhere I go. When I don’t have my phone and there are no clocks around, I’m probably somewhere where exactly what time it is isn’t important...

I just duct-tape my microwave oven to my wrist, as it has a clock on it. As does my TV, my car, my phone, my refrigerator, and just about everything else I own.

I wear a Pebble Time Steel with a watchface that shows the day of the week in BOLD letters. I always seem to forget what day of the week it is :D

Maybe that's what I need! The other day, I wondered why both cars of our neighbor were gone since they have 2 small kids and , I assume, they would travel as a unit during the weekend. I also wondered why our newspaper hadn't been delivered yet......only take the Sunday paper.

Finally as I was about to call the newspaper at 9AM and chew them out,
I solved the mystery. .......the 2 cars were gone because both of the neighbors had gone to work..........and the newspaper wasn't here because it wasn't Sunday.

If I have a busy wk w/ appointments, it's usually ok since there are reference pts like yesterday or tomorrow. In an empty week,the old brain loses sight sometimes...............and the simple watch w/o day of wk doesn't cut it.

I do. A 1969 Omega Seamaster Automatic in stainless steel, on a black leather strap.

Always wear a watch. I buy the cheapest one I can find. $8 to $12 max. The battery lasts 1 to 2 years and then I pitch and buy another. Feel naked without one. YMMV

It's difficult enough to lug a cell phone around... I haven't worn a watch since grade school.

Back
Top Bottom