Windows 11 is now live

My last two pc's have been Dell refurb's. My current Windows 10 system was new to me last year, with ample memory and disk, and cost about $250. But its 2015-vintage CPU is not on the current list of supported CPU's for Windows 11. I cannot imagine replacing the motherboard or processor, when the refurb systems with compatible CPU and memory and disk and etc. are so cheap. It is just not worth the bother to me of piecing a system together and dealing with all the problems that come up.

I am anticipating a glut of refurbs incapable of win 11 , and a scarcity of inexpensive refurbs that can run 11. That is the only reason I would consider a new motherboard and cpu.

I am anticipating a glut of refurbs incapable of win 11 , and a scarcity of inexpensive refurbs that can run 11. That is the only reason I would consider a new motherboard and cpu.
Windows 11 runs fine on old machines, no reason to buy new hardware. Just search the web for the workaround.

I am using Windows 7 and do not have a working TPM chip that is required. However I did install using Oracle VM VirtualBox and Windows 10 then did the upgrade to 11. I had to fool it following some instructions I found. These are new ones from Oracle so try this and you do not need to mess with your current install of Windows.

If missing TPM 2.0 and you want to try Windows 11 in Oracle VM VirtualBox
From Oracle:
https://blogs.oracle.com/virtualization/post/install-microsoft-windows-11-on-virtualbox

Back
Top Bottom