Youtube TV dropping ABC, ESPN, Disney

Dont watch Disney Espn ABC but like the $15 discount. Hope it takes a while to come to an agreement. :dance:

I hope Hulu+Live doesn’t lose ESPN, but I won’t hold my breath. We’re still saving a lot over cable or satellite but the periodic major content contract disputes don’t bode well, and they’re not surprising. Spectrum, even new customer promo cost, is WAY more for $ us with a 3 TV/DVR household - they’re tack on fees are ridiculous (HD, broadcast channels, DVR, etc.). We aren’t willing to drop back to one TV/DVR to make Spectrum price competitive.
Just remembered Disney owns Hulu, so we’re safe…:)

YTTV has 4 million subscribers. Disney+ has 114 million. For sports fans, Seems if D+ would add recording capability, the ESPN/ABC channels, we would almost be back in business for $14/mo. Drop YTTV to save $69 to make it sweeter.

YTTV has 4 million subscribers. Disney+ has 114 million. For sports fans, Seems if D+ would add recording capability, the ESPN/ABC channels, we would almost be back in business for $14/mo. Drop YTTV to save $69 to make it sweeter.
I’m shocked, never would have guessed Disney+ had that many subs, but I found the same numbers searching myself. Hulu+Live also has about 4 million subscribers. Like it or not Hulu+Live subscribers will have Disney+ and ESPN+ added along with all the Disney owned channels they already have at $69.95/mo ($5/mo increase) starting Dec 21st. It’s pretty easy to see why Disney is cutting off YTTV in favor of Hulu.

I’m shocked, never would have guessed Disney+ had that many subs, but I found the same numbers searching myself. Hulu+Live also has about 4 million subscribers. Like it or not Hulu+Live subscribers will have Disney+ and ESPN+ added along with all the Disney owned channels they already have at $69.95/mo ($5/mo increase) starting Dec 21st. It’s pretty easy to see why Disney is cutting off YTTV in favor of Hulu.
So, HULU+ Live would do the trick for about same $69 price. 50 hrs recording, local channels, all the ESPN, Discovery channels, NFL Network, Golf channel. And, your content to carrier to TV (or mobile device) is all Disney. None of this transmission or carrier rights contract BS every few months. Let’s see how this weekend goes but sounds like time to drop YTTV.

So, HULU+ Live would do the trick for about same $69 price. 50 hrs recording, local channels, all the ESPN, Discovery channels, NFL Network, Golf channel. And, your content to carrier to TV (or mobile device) is all Disney. None of this transmission or carrier rights contract BS every few months....
That covers the Disney channels, but there may be other channels you could lose during contract disputes, unless there's something I don't know.

I don't feel like I've dealt with this very often with YTTV, certainly not every few months.

But sure, if it gives you all you want it's at least worth a try.

These streaming services that were once a great deal for the $$$ are starting to look/act just as bad as the big, bad cable companies.

I agree. I find it interesting that so many people here are thinking of going back to the big, bad cable companies. I dropped Big, Bad Cable Company (Comcast/Xfinity in my case) in 2016 after DH died. DH really wanted sports programming. I have no use for it. Netflix makes me happy, When I'm in a hotel overnight on road trips I binge-watch HGTV, Say Yes to the Dress and My 600-lb. Life.

We want all our local stations (including ABC) and ESPN. We watch those stations more than most others combined. I was already annoyed when YouTubeTV dropped the regional sports. Then they were fighting with NBC, then it was Roku, now Disney.

So, we will be moving over from YouTubeTV to Hulu Live+.
We currently pay for YouTubeTV ($64.99) and Disney+ ($8.00) for a total of $72.99.

After 12/21/21, HuluLive+ is adding on Disney+ and ESPN+ and the total will be $69.99.

Their lineup meets our needs the best and Im saving a whopping $3 out of this whole mess. Of course.....Im sure its only a matter if time before Hulu goes up in prices and/or loses a stations I want. :rolleyes:

We’ve been lucky, switched to PSV in Feb 2018 and when they folded we went to Hulu+Live. We have all the channels and features we want, and we’ve saved about $2K so far vs cable or satellite. There have been a few content-contract scares, all were resolved without an interruption - but I don’t doubt we’ll have a loss eventually. The landscape will be changing for years, and we’ll adapt no problem.

How is Hulu's DVR? I read that you can't skip commercials unless you pay for the enhanced DVR, and even then it's not great.

For those of you with Hulu +Live how does the Hulu Cloud DVR work for you? We really like the unlimited cloud DVR that Youtube TV has. We record most everything we watch and then watch and zip through the commercials. We have whole seasons of shows recorded so we would quickly use up the 50 hours Hulu gives you.

A deal was reached and YTTV is in the processing of restoring the Disney channels.

A deal was reached and YTTV is in the processing of restoring the Disney channels.

Great news. I looked around and I could not find any other service to match Youtube TV with all the channels and unlimited DVR

I got Fubo for local sports through baseball season. I didn’t like the channel lineup but it was the only option (besides cable) for Red Sox. I am constantly changing streaming services as pricing and offerings change. I have not had cable tv for 5 years and like the flexibility of streaming. But streaming experience is getting as bad as cable. Case in point: I couldn’t cancel Fubo without calling and talking to someone whose job is to talk me out of it.

I’ve been pretty happy taking advantage of promotions to serially turn on streaming channels like HBO Max for a couple of months or so.

We’ll probably watch the new The Matrix Resurrections tomorrow.

I guess we haven’t been using a consolidator like YouTubeTV or Hulu+ because we aren’t interested in a lot of channels.

Back
Top Bottom