Are You Allowing Others Into Your Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIL stayed at our house a couple of days in January or February. Other than MIL, DW and myself, nobody has been in our house this year.

Orkin guy came today and just treated the outside perimeter of the house. Orkin's current policy is outside only unless the owner wants the inside done.

I invited my parents to come for the weekend. They are way beyond their quarantine and they're a little stir-crazy. Us too. And since they've both had it and recovered (they've both been fever free for +2 weeks) they're the safest people we could have over. I don't know if they'll come. Mom's still a little weak. I hope they will. We're all tired of each other!

My first visitor in over a month just left- guy measuring my countertops to make a template for the new quartz replacements. The company was VERY careful- asked me beforehand about possible COVID symptoms, exposure to COVID or those who had it, etc. I cleared off and wiped down the countertops, he did all his measurements while I was cleaning in the adjacent rooms and then talked briefly when he was done. I wiped down again after he left. Countertops won't arrive for 3 weeks or so. I hope things are a little better then.

I think it went well and it helped keep a small business going. Unfortunately, the countertops look so nice all cleared off I'm not sure if I want to put everything back again!

Quartz vs granite (or other) because...?

Costco happened to do granite but not quartz. I had granite in a previous house- loved the fact that you could put a hot pot on it and nothing would happen, but didn't want to go through the whole process of going to the warehouse, picking out a slab, etc, and it's also more expensive. This is gonna be a lot more than I'd thought anyway, based on the research I'd done. (I found $50-$100/square foot installed and it's going to run $130- EXCLUDING buying a new sink (they won't re-use the old one because it might break) and a plumber to disconnect/reconnect the plumbing. Gas cooktop must also be disconnected/re-connected- not sure if it's the same person.

What I have now may be Corian, so I'm used to not being able to to put hot pots and cookie sheets on it.

Next visitor will be people to start up and test my sprinkler system and test the backflow valve. The latter is required annually by my water company. One person will be outside and the other will be working the controls in the basement, so I can let them in through the basement door and we can keep our distances.

My kids have been nowhere for a month since they get grocery delivery. They are coming over this afternoon to sit outside and have dinner. It’s going to be wonderful to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom