Breathing easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boho

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I saw part of Dr. Phil yesterday and he interviewed a woman who described her experience and how she was treated in the hospital for Covid19. At the worst she could hardly breathe and thought she was going to die. She received nothing specifically for the virus. She received anticoagulants to prevent blood clots because she couldn't move for a while, and she received antibiotics to prevent secondary infections. Before being released she was told to eat healthy and get rest or sleep well. I think there's more a person can do.

How about making sure you don't eat large meals or drink a large amount of anything? I've read that eating and drinking can make it harder to breathe. Would four smaller meals instead of three regular meals be a good idea? And how about taking enzymes to speed digestion?

I saw part of Dr. Phil yesterday and he interviewed a woman who described her experience and how she was treated in the hospital for Covid19. At the worst she could hardly breathe and thought she was going to die. She received nothing specifically for the virus. She received anticoagulants to prevent blood clots because she couldn't move for a while, and she received antibiotics to prevent secondary infections. Before being released she was told to eat healthy and get rest or sleep well. I think there's more a person can do.

How about making sure you don't eat large meals or drink a large amount of anything? I've read that eating and drinking can make it harder to breathe. Would four smaller meals instead of three regular meals be a good idea? And how about taking enzymes to speed digestion?

Not sure eating light would be of any benefit except in the first few hours. And you'd probably be feeling a little off peak in the early stages leading you to maybe skip dinner anyway. Not sure an ongoing regemin of smaller meals would somehow affect what Covid does.

I'd stay away from taking things like enzymes or anything other than the usual e.g. Vit C, Vit D on the Chicken Soup Principle. As luck could have it, those enzymes might actually weaken you or help Covid ...? It's a hard number to hit.

I'm also wondering about the effect of fitness level. Should we all start doing more cardio while we're healthy?

We have had 7 cases in our county all have recovered . YAY. One lady even got recorded in two counties.

Pretty sure I'm not up to that much sex. or exercise.
+1
I tucker out way before 7-9 hours.

OP I do breath easier. I lost 65 pounds a few years ago and it is much easier to breathe. I had untreated sleep apnea when I was obese and sleeping was difficult.

Actually most things are easier, including sex(just not all day)and breathing. A recent phlebotomy also helped my breathing majorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom