Good News--No Bad Side effects to Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my second Pfizer Vid-Vac last week and like the previous one, no side effects other than an increased libido which is probably due to the weekend coming up.

I received my first Pfizer shot on Sunday afternoon, and spent much of yesterday, the day after shot, sleeping. Feeling good this morning, approx 40 hours later.

The fatigue surprised me! (58yr female)

Got our second moderna 13 days ago, We both ran a slight fever/chillsachy & tired for about 36 hrs. My arm was red and sore for 5 days, but improved every day. A small price for our new found freedom starting tomorrow!

Moderna second shot, chlls and fever (peaked at 101) for about 12 hours, starting 12 hours after the shot. Took nothing for the symptoms. After that, felt fine.

Starting about 5 days after Moderna shot 1, I've noticed occasional mild dizzy symptoms. It is similar to BPPV, and even responds a bit like BPPV in that it can be positional.

I get this same feeling when recovering from the flu. This is likely due to swollen tissues and/or nerves.

So far, only a nuisance. My body is clearly doing something in response.

You know, I had the same symptoms with the Pfizer shot but blamed it on adjusting to new glasses. Hmmm.

You know, I had the same symptoms with the Pfizer shot but blamed it on adjusting to new glasses. Hmmm.

Yeah! Glasses, daylight time change, etc. But it pointed back to the vaccine and a quick search shows the delayed slight vertigo feeling is not uncommon. I went to my dentist yesterday and he claims a few of them felt that after their vaccines. It is easier to feel when you have magnifying glasses on while bending down over a patient.

I am now 10 days out and the feeling is gone.

Yeah! Glasses, daylight time change, etc. But it pointed back to the vaccine and a quick search shows the delayed slight vertigo feeling is not uncommon. I went to my dentist yesterday and he claims a few of them felt that after their vaccines. It is easier to feel when you have magnifying glasses on while bending down over a patient.

I am now 10 days out and the feeling is gone.

I was getting worried until I saw the comments here. I do suffer from vertigo and thought it was getting worse......really, really bad. It's easing up now and almost gone. I had my second Moderna jab on March 4.

I got my second Pfizer Vid-Vac last week and like the previous one, no side effects other than an increased libido which is probably due to the weekend coming up.

Increased libido? From the Pfizer vaccine? Let word of that side effect get out and they really will be lining up...

I've had both Pfizer's and other than a sore arm for a day, nothing - :)

Increased libido? From the Pfizer vaccine? Let word of that side effect get out and they really will be lining up...

Maybe that is what everyone meant (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) when they said that they spent 20 of the next 36 hours in bed! :cool:

I was getting worried until I saw the comments here. I do suffer from vertigo and thought it was getting worse......really, really bad. It's easing up now and almost gone. I had my second Moderna jab on March 4.
People have said that the effects of the vaccine for some is like getting a "little case" of the disease, what with the fever and lethargy some have. Some of the corner cases include a rash on the arm, not unlike the disease causing "covid toe."

One emerging bad effect of a covid infection is hearing issues and vertigo. There was a well publicized case this week of this in the news. So it is possible that the vaccine may activate the same pathways in some, to a minor degree.

Works for me....I was thinking about skipping the second shot but with new info like this that could sway my decision back to taking it.

Works for me....I was thinking about skipping the second shot but with new info like this that could sway my decision back to taking it.

This will probably swing even more people than the free Krispy Kreme donuts! :D

People have said that the effects of the vaccine for some is like getting a "little case" of the disease, what with the fever and lethargy some have. Some of the corner cases include a rash on the arm, not unlike the disease causing "covid toe."

One emerging bad effect of a covid infection is hearing issues and vertigo. There was a well publicized case this week of this in the news. So it is possible that the vaccine may activate the same pathways in some, to a minor degree.

The vertigo didn't begin right away and may have started after the first jab. I simply didn't associate it with the vaccine until the last few days. One reason being it wasn't continuous. Some days it showed up, others not. The other day as DH and I were heading off somewhere, I noticed a succulent off our path needed cleaning up and bent over to do so. If DH hadn't been there to support me, I would have gone sprawling when I straightened up.

Had my first Pfizer shot 15 hours ago; minor discomfort around midnight last night, pretty much all gone now.

I had my first Phizer shot yesterday. Three hours post shot I started having arm pain. For me it was worse than any arm pain from a vaccine including tetanus. 23 hours post shot the arm pain is still there but slightly less than peak. Ten hours post shot I developed a headache bad enough to take an aspirin. A little over an hour later I took a second aspirin and an hour after that the headache was mostly gone and I was able to sleep. When I woke up 22 hours post shot headache was still gone, no fever or other symptoms except the arm pain.

I received the Moderna vaccine. Never had any issue with shots, needles or blood draws, and have had plenty of each. In this case the first shot itself was very painful, the area around the injection site had substantial ache for 2 days, and I had difficulty raising my arm and sleeping.

For the second shot I asked them to inject in the other shoulder, and they refused, stating their guidance was left arm, same site, both shots. It was a breeze. I didn’t feel the needle and there was no residual ache or pain. The tech said she thought they might have changed needles and were now using a smaller one

I had my first Phizer shot yesterday. Three hours post shot I started having arm pain. For me it was worse than any arm pain from a vaccine including tetanus. 23 hours post shot the arm pain is still there but slightly less than peak. Ten hours post shot I developed a headache bad enough to take an aspirin. A little over an hour later I took a second aspirin and an hour after that the headache was mostly gone and I was able to sleep. When I woke up 22 hours post shot headache was still gone, no fever or other symptoms except the arm pain.

Reminds me of this:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/what-is-your-pet-peeve-of-the-day-71670-134.html Post #2680

Anybody here who has had covid AND gotten both shots? I have had covid and one shot. I'm thinking of not getting the second.

Maybe that is what everyone meant (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) when they said that they spent 20 of the next 36 hours in bed! :cool:

I never realized that "the vaccine gave me a stiff arm" was actually a euphemism.

DW and I got our 1st Pfizer shots last week. Only side-effect for me was a very sore shoulder the next day. DW developed terrible vertigo (which she’s had before, but not for some years). She was completely bed-ridden the next day, and couldn’t hold down food or walk to the bathroom without assistance. Her previous bouts of vertigo were never this severe.

She got the shot Friday evening, and was basically back to feeling normal by Tuesday. She’s still planning to get the second dose, but is hoping the reaction won’t be as strong.

DW and I got our 1st Pfizer shots last week. Only side-effect for me was a very sore shoulder the next day. DW developed terrible vertigo (which she’s had before, but not for some years). She was completely bed-ridden the next day, and couldn’t hold down food or walk to the bathroom without assistance. Her previous bouts of vertigo were never this severe.

She got the shot Friday evening, and was basically back to feeling normal by Tuesday. She’s still planning to get the second dose, but is hoping the reaction won’t be as strong.

Glad to hear she's doing fine. Mine was nowhere near as severe, but overall, lasted several weeks. On for 3-4 days, then off, back on, etc. Then daily but to a lesser degree, now appears to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom