Good News--No Bad Side effects to Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard just yesterday that people who had COVID may only need one shot, but a formal report (study results) hasn't come out yet.

Heard the same and that's what they're doing in France and Spain

Please get them both, that is what is recommended. But covid survivors tend to have more side effects with the first shot, less with the 2nd.

DH and I got Pfizer #1 today. He says his arm is sore. I cannot tell any difference between my jab arm and the other.

thats good to know (about less trouble with second). I got shot yesterday and felt fine all day and night but this morning felt fluish for about 4 hours...now feel ok.

Timing is weird on the Moderna. DH's brother got shot number two on a Thursday morning he sent a text Saturday PM. I feel great and my arm didn't hurt. Sunday PM he got a headache, chills and slight fever...

I felt normal the day of, woke up next day with slight headache that got worse all day long ...by bedtime felt real tired but headache was gone.

I had second Moderna Wednesday afternoon at 3pm. That was 28 days after the first one in February. After the first I was fine until 12 hours later when I woke with fever and pain from inflammation in arm. Took an Advil and was fine in an hour. No other problem at all but I did plan then to clear my schedule for the second one and I am glad I did.

After the second one I even felt tired driving home from the site but did try to have plenty of liquids and protein and veg for dinner and went to bed early. The next morning I woke up feeling like the flu was coming on but no fever, much like I did when I had COVID in November. I stayed in bed except to feed and take out the dog and stay hydrated myself. By the next morning I was completely back to normal except for a headache which seemed like sinus from sleeping so much.

From reading all the posts here it seems the side effects are as varied as the disease itself.

My wife and I both had the 1st shot of Moderna vaccine. I would not feel anything unless I squeezed the arm that received the shot. My wife complained of a bit of soreness. We both felt nothing after 48 hours. Still waiting to get the 2nd shot.

Most people in my family had the same observations as above, either with Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.

My sister-in-law and her husband were the only ones we know with severe reactions with Moderna vaccine. They were OK with the 1st shot, but the husband fell sick with the 2nd shot, and was in bed with flu-like symptoms, from what I heard. My SIL had a severely sore arm that she said she could not lift, and was not able to prepare meals. They both recovered after a week.

The scariest thing I heard was from a friend of my wife. Her aunt in the 80s took Moderna 1st shot at a hospital. While waiting the 15 minutes for observation, she collapsed and died at the hospital. My 1st thought was that it was an anaphylactic reaction, because her family claimed that she was healthy with no existing conditions. However, it was later ruled a heart attack.

We both had the 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. The arm soreness was worse this time. I could not sleep on that arm, and did not have a good night sleep. Spent most of today feeling fatigue. No fever, but a bit of body ache, and a slight headache. Also a digestive distress, but that may or may not be related to the vaccine.

Overall, the effects are worse with the 2nd shot for me, while for my wife it was about the same.

I got my first shot of Moderna in mid March and pretty much all I had was a sore arm. It made sleeping difficult for the first few nights after the shot but that was about it. In a bit more than two weeks from now I get my second shot .

It's been almost three weeks now since I got my first Moderna shot... Like so many, I had a sore arm for the first several days. About a week after that I noticed I was getting a stiff neck. And now while the stiff neck symptoms have subsided, a few days ago I started to experience minor headaches and occasional symptoms of vertigo. It could be coincidental but I seldom get headaches and have never experienced vertigo before... While it could be a sinuses condition too (it is spring time) it makes me wonder.

Last edited:
I got the Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago and didn’t even feel it go in. I did have a sore arm that evening and the next day. No other side effects. My next dose is in a week. I hear that’s the one I may have more side effects. My son had his second dose last Friday and it gave him a bad headache the following day. He had Pfizer also and is only 24. I’ll report back in a week re: my 2nd dose. My wife gets her Pfizer #2 two days after me.

Has anyone who took vitamin D experienced bad side effects from the vaccine? I'm thinking vitamin D may ease side effects and I'm going to up my dosage leading up to the vaccine.

Had my 1st shot on Saturday: Pfizer. Had a sore arm, fatigue and headache about 8 hrs after shot, and a really hot night under the covers (not the kind to be happy about - but no fever). Tylenol helped with the headache, but still wasn't able to sleep much. Sunday I was much better, but still the sore arm and late in the day a headache. Headache was, again, better with some Tylenol; and I slept very soundly Sunday night. 2nd shot scheduled for 4/24. :)

DW and my Pfizer shots were given by paramedics.The first one, I wondered for a moment if I had been cheated! Never felt the needle. The second one, barely. What a wonder those incredibly small needles are! A long ways from the hollow 16 penny nails they used in the 50s and 60s :eek:

I have a new saying now... "instead of dealing with XXXXX (whatever distasteful task it may be), I'd rather go get a shot than deal with that!"

Got Covid in Mar 2020, moderate case unfortunately on a cruise ship in South America.

Got my second Pfizer shot this past Saturday, woke up Sunday with slight fever & headache, achy & tired. Only slightly sore arm. Tylenol helped. Lasted most of the day. Woke up Monday & felt great, symptoms resolved.

First shot only resulted in sore arm and slight fatigue. Glad to be done.

Last edited:
DW and my Pfizer shots were given by paramedics.The first one, I wondered for a moment if I had been cheated! Never felt the needle. The second one, barely. What a wonder those incredibly small needles are! A long ways from the hollow 16 penny nails they used in the 50s and 60s :eek:

I have a new saying now... "instead of dealing with XXXXX (whatever distasteful task it may be), I'd rather go get a shot than deal with that!"
My wife asked the doctor if he was sure there was a needle attached to the syringe! Both of us were surprised at the complete lack of pain from the injection itself, especially given that it was the Moderna vaccine, w/ substantially larger volume of liquid...

It's been almost three weeks now since I got my first Moderna shot... Like so many, I had a sore arm for the first several days. About a week after that I noticed I was getting a stiff neck. And now while the stiff neck symptoms have subsided, a few days ago I started to experience minor headaches and occasional symptoms of vertigo. It could be coincidental but I seldom get headaches and have never experienced vertigo before... While it could be a sinuses condition too (it is spring time) it makes me wonder.

I got the second dose of Moderna 4 weeks ago and started getting occasional vertigo a few days ago. No headache though.

I got the second dose of Moderna 4 weeks ago and started getting occasional vertigo a few days ago. No headache though.

Sorry you experienced the vertigo too, but I'm glad to hear it's not just me...:) Actually I googled "vertigo and covid vaccines" and found it's being reported/discussed... Of course, it's easy to blame any symptoms on the vaccines after you get the shot(s), so who knows,,,,,,, yet.

For me the first day of the vertigo symptom was pretty bad. Almost debilitating.. Bad enough that I just stayed at home and sat in a chair all day. Now about 4 days after that started, it's seems to be a lot better. Hope that's about done!

Sorry you experienced the vertigo too, but I'm glad to hear it's not just me...:) Actually I googled "vertigo and covid vaccines" and found it's being reported/discussed... Of course, it's easy to blame any symptoms on the vaccines after you get the shot(s), so who knows,,,,,,, yet.

Nothing like that for me, and my second Moderna shot was five weeks ago. But all side effects are pretty individualistic, I think.

For me the first day of the vertigo symptom was pretty bad. Almost debilitating.. Bad enough that I just stayed at home and sat in a chair all day. Now about 4 days after that started, it's seems to be a lot better. Hope that's about done!

Mine is at its worst when I get out of bed. Any rapid changes in head movement set it off. I'm ok when I keep my head level. Today seems better than yesterday. Yesterday fatigue had set in also.

The vertigo is a real thing, I'm convinced of it. Mine lasted 4 days or so, and was very mild. I only experienced it with certain head movements (different than my normal BPPV) and sometimes while looking at the computer.

It is gone for the first shot. We'll see what happens on the second.

When you google this, you may land on some forums where people are screaming bloody murder. Time and time new people come onto that forum and ask if it went away. "Please respond and let us know if it goes away! I'm freaking out." I have yet to see a response yet. Why? Because it went away and the poster stopped going to that forum.

Mine is at its worst when I get out of bed. Any rapid changes in head movement set it off. I'm ok when I keep my head level.
Bingo... You just described how it's been affecting me for the last ~3 days, but it does seem to be getting better each day.

The vertigo is a real thing, I'm convinced of it. Mine lasted 4 days or so, and was very mild. I only experienced it with certain head movements (different than my normal BPPV) and sometimes while looking at the computer.

It is gone for the first shot. We'll see what happens on the second.

I'm scheduled to get my second shot next week. If the vertigo isn't 100% gone before that date comes around, I will delay it.

Reminds me of the old joke: "Doc", it hurts when I "do this"... What should I do about it? :facepalm:

Last edited:
Anybody here who has had covid AND gotten both shots? I have had covid and one shot. I'm thinking of not getting the second.

Yep, I had covid in early November, and just got my second shot yesterday morning at 9:45 AM. No reaction other than a very sore arm for the first shot, but the second one has knocked me for a loop.

It started around 10 last night (so about 12 hours after the shot) with every bone and muscle in my body hurting, and then chills, then over heated, and very thirsty, and having to piddle all the time and finally montezuma's revenge. Only a low fever of 99. I feel very sore and tired this morning - just finally got something into my tummy so I can take some tylenol. I feel almost as bad as when I actually had covid, except (so far, anyway!) I don't have the 104 degree fever I got for three days back then.

Thank goodness I am retired!! I can go back to bed and not worry about having to go to work (yay!)

They're working on a test to see who's been vaccinated. When they develop it maybe it will tell you whether you need a second shot after the first one. I'm not sure if I'll get a second shot. I wear an N95 mask, don't go out much, take vitamin D, and I expect a better vaccine to come out that we'll all be told to get. I'll get that one.

Yep, I had covid in early November, and just got my second shot yesterday morning at 9:45 AM. No reaction other than a very sore arm for the first shot, but the second one has knocked me for a loop.

It started around 10 last night (so about 12 hours after the shot) with every bone and muscle in my body hurting, and then chills, then over heated, and very thirsty, and having to piddle all the time and finally montezuma's revenge. Only a low fever of 99. I feel very sore and tired this morning - just finally got something into my tummy so I can take some tylenol. I feel almost as bad as when I actually had covid, except (so far, anyway!) I don't have the 104 degree fever I got for three days back then.

Thank goodness I am retired!! I can go back to bed and not worry about having to go to work (yay!)

That's too bad and interesting that some ongoing research suggest that people that already had Covid only need one vaccination.

Has anyone who took vitamin D experienced bad side effects from the vaccine? I'm thinking vitamin D may ease side effects and I'm going to up my dosage leading up to the vaccine.

I take vitamin D daily. I got my second Pfizer shot 2 days ago. With both I had a sore arm for a day, but other than that, no other side effects - at least not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom