Good News--No Bad Side effects to Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the 1 shot. She even showed me the vial so I could be sure. I'm afraid I would have walked out if it wasn't Janssen. My MD will be shocked when he gets the email that I'm vaccinated. I'm a wuss

Pharmacist suggested Tylenol if I get a headache from it so I bought some

Last edited:
I got the 1 shot. She even showed me the vial so I could be sure. I'm afraid I would have walked out if it wasn't Janssen. My MD will be shocked when he gets the email that I'm vaccinated. I'm a wuss

Pharmacist suggested Tylenol if I get a headache from it so I bought some

Yah gayl! :dance: Most everyone has some phobias ( tall bridges scare me) and I am glad you were able to overcome your phobia to get the vaccine

We got our 2nd shots last Sunday.
Slight sore arm for me for 1 day.
DGF was sick for 1.5 days with tiredness and light flu symptoms.

Interesting that no one who plays Pickleball in our group had any adverse reactions.

I was waiting to see if I need Tylenol bc of the shot but I don't feel anything. I saw the vial so I know I got the shot

A friend of mine couldn't even feel the needle go in, so she removed the BandAid and was relieved to see a little red dot. Her arm then became sore a few hours later which was another proof.

You guys are lucky!

First Pfizer vax was just a bit of arm soreness.

2nd which i got yesterday was just sore arm--until today. Now feeling really tired and a bit feverish.

Hopefully good by tomorrow.

The health officials stopped giving the J&J vaccine today in Raleigh because of a cluster of bad side effects (nausea and vomiting) that occurred minutes after people received the vaccine. I understand about 20 people got sick (out of around 1000 vaccines given). Two people were sick enough to have to be hospitalized. I wonder if a batch of J &J vaccines could have been contaminated in some way?

The health officials stopped giving the J&J vaccine today in Raleigh because of a cluster of bad side effects (nausea and vomiting) that occurred minutes after people received the vaccine. I understand about 20 people got sick (out of around 1000 vaccines given). Two people were sick enough to have to be hospitalized. I wonder if a batch of J &J vaccines could have been contaminated in some way?

I saw this story and thought it's a good thing gayl already took the j and j shot.

I wonder if the impacted people could see other people getting sick...it seems contaminated vaccine would have affected more people

I saw this story and thought it's a good thing gayl already took the j and j shot.

I wonder if the impacted people could see other people getting sick...it seems contaminated vaccine would have affected more people

Just read that a similar thing happened in Denver yesterday and they stopped giving the J&J vaccine there too. Vomiting immediately after the vaccine could be an allergic reaction.

Wake County gave 2,300 shots and 18 people got sick. 0.78% of recipients had a reaction.

Wake County gave 2,300 shots and 18 people got sick. 0.78% of recipients had a reaction.

Calico thanks for the correction on the numbers. I wonder why they stopped the vaccinations since it was such a small percentage with the bad reaction and only 2 hospitalized?

Calico thanks for the correction on the numbers. I wonder why they stopped the vaccinations since it was such a small percentage with the bad reaction and only 2 hospitalized?

From what I read, they said they were simply "erring on the side of caution."

Apparently a similar thing happened with a mass event and J&J in Colorado (yesterday?) They had 11 people with adverse reactions in a span of four hours, but none hospitalized. They also "paused" but I believe they are planning to resume again.

I think these stops and checks are a good idea - particularly with new vaccines (J&J being new compared to the others in terms of widespread use). Both for caution, and to show the rest of the country/world that things are taken seriously, analyzed, and then corrected or understood before proceeding.

Better to hold off on the small impacted group of folks in any area of local impact, vs. risk alienating many many others from taking the vaccine in far larger groups.

The Raleigh event came after the Denver event was highly publicized. It was also a very hot, sunny day in Raleigh, well into the 80s. There's a chance that minor effects got amplified by suggestion and this is a case of mass hysteria (not my term: see the wiki link). People really hate needles and it is amazing what a little suggestion or gossip can do. As a frequent blood donor, I've seen it all, including people walking through the front door and fainting right on their first steps into the facility before anyone even touches them.

Yet it is important they get to the source of this to be sure.

Last edited:
On the morning news the health folks in Raleigh are going to give the Pfizer vaccine today instead of J&J. The news report said that they are going to investigate what happened before they begin giving the J&J again. Hopefully it will turn out to be no big deal and they will start back up with the J&J soon. NC is allowing everyone over 16 to be vaccinated now so there is a lot of demand.

I had the J&J vaccine. I felt fine the remainder of that day. The next day I felt like I had the flu - body aches all over, bad headache, 101 F fever, I felt pretty miserable. The day after that I was back to normal, no fever, just a bit sore in the arm where I got the injection.

Moderna - the administration of the first vaccine did not hurt; but my arm really started to hurt that night; and I had an odd - temporary - side effect for a few hours that night. I felt as if I had fireworks going off in my body. That was scary. Thankfully, that went away and did not return. Thereafter tired and achy joints, and chills on off, for about a week. My arm swelled, and hurt for an entire month and made clicking and crunching noises. Yuck. I didn't want to go back for my second dose, but I did.

By way of background, I have to use the same arm for all vaccines and needles, and the arm took a lot of abuse over the past 14 months. Also, it took my arm a month to recover from each of the two Shingrex vaccines. It did not do that for the pneumonia vaccine.

The second dose for me was not as harsh as the first. I did not have the firework experience again; I did not have the chills; and the body aches were less. I've been a bit tired, did get a large bruise, and am typing this with an ice pack on my arm. Sigh . . .

DH got his first dose of Phizer. (We weren't able to go together because he was out of state helping with the grandchildren and he didn't want me to wait.)

DH had precisely, no side effects whatsoever.

Got my second dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday morning. Arm became sore in the evening. I had a fever all night long, but only brief sleep disruption. This morning the fever is less, but everything hurts-bones, muscles, abdomen. I’m glad it’s raining and that I scheduled myself for a house and yard work vacation this week.

I plan to spend the day reading and sleeping.

That is actually a high number for “serious” adverse vaccine reactions. Having a fever and feeling lousy isn’t a serious reaction. It is useful to have expected this to some degree. It was more than I expected, though. Serious adverse events are anaphylaxis and maybe clotting.

I’m glad I have no plans this week.

Last edited:
That is actually a high number for “serious” adverse vaccine reactions. I don’t consider having a fever and feeling lousy a serious reaction. It is useful to have expected this to some degree. It was more than I expected, though.

Sounds like exaggeration to me.

The cited article includes this statement:
According to a disclaimer statement on the VAERS website, “vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS, whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause.”

Also, reports may be “incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified” and may not fully represent problems associated with vaccines.

Put me in the adverse side effect camp.
It started off well enough..... 30 min from home to Rite-Aid and back for the Pfizer vaccine. They did not ask me to wait 15 minutes after the shot. Mild arm soreness overnight.
The next day I was a little more fatigued than normal after the usual 3 hour ride.
Day three I went for a routine 1 1/2 hour run, all was fine.
The problem started on day four when I woke with unusually sore leg muscles, as if I had run a marathon and the pain got progressively worse each day there after.
As a long time endurance athlete, I have never experienced muscle pain like this.
Over the counter pain meds did not help, so I tried 50mgs of Tramadol. Still no relief.
200mg Celecoxib (Celebrex) 2x/day helped a little.
8 days after onset, the pain concentrated in my left leg only, then consolidated to the mid quadriceps area where it is now at 11 days and counting, weird.
I will not be getting the second dose!

Last edited:
It started off well enough..... 30 min from home to Rite-Aid and back for the Pfizer vaccine. They did not ask me to wait 15 minutes after the shot. Mild arm soreness overnight.
The next day I was a little more fatigued than normal after the usual 3 hour ride.
The problem started on day four when I woke with unusually sore leg muscles, as if I had run a marathon and the pain got progressively worse each day there after.
As a long time endurance athlete, I have never experienced muscle pain like this.
Over the counter pain meds did not help, so I tried 50mgs of Tramadol. Still no relief.
200mg Celecoxhib (Celebrex) 2x/day helped a little.
8 days after onset, the pain concentrated in my left leg only, then consolidated to the mid quadriceps area where it is now at 11days and counting, weird.

You may want to see your doc or at least give them a call. When I hear of something like this, I think rhabdomyolysis. A quick Bing search doesn't show this as a typical side effect of the vaccine, but rather the virus itself can induce rhabdo.

Perhaps you've had some mild muscle impact and they can treat this to avoid any kidney damage or worse.

I've been following this thread almost daily as well as reading other on line info.... It's been great helping me decide if I'm going to get my second shot or not, especially since I had some unpleasant/unusual (but not serious) side effects from the first one....

Last edited:
200mg Celecoxib (Celebrex) 2x/day helped a little.
8 days after onset, the pain concentrated in my left leg only, then consolidated to the mid quadriceps area where it is now at 11 days and counting, weird.

Please go to your doctor--this could be a blood clot--may or may not be related to your vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom