Good News--No Bad Side effects to Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to see your doc or at least give them a call. When I hear of something like this, I think rhabdomyolysis. A quick Bing search doesn't show this as a typical side effect of the vaccine, but rather the virus itself can induce rhabdo.

Perhaps you've had some mild muscle impact and they can treat this to avoid any kidney damage or worse.

Thanks,

Right now I am without easy access to good medical care as my longtime doc just retired.

I took a quick look at rhabdomyolysis and I don't think it quite fits.
The pain has subsided to the point where I can now walk normally and get some sleep. Should get better from here.

Please go to your doctor--this could be a blood clot--may or may not be related to your vaccine

Thanks for the concern.

A search on blood clots in the leg also does not quite fit.
There is no swelling or rise in temperature and the pain is strictly in the upper thigh/ quad area as used in running, not generalized.

DW and I got our second Pfizer vaccines Friday afternoon. Last time, my only reaction was a very sore arm for a day. This time was similar, but my arm was less sore. I went on a 7 mile hike the next morning, and felt fine.

DW had severe vertigo after the first dose. She was bedridden for a full day, couldn’t hold down any food, and needed help walking to the restroom. It took about 4 days until she was back to normal. Needless to say, she was very apprehensive about the second dose. Fortunately, she didn’t get vertigo after the 2nd shot. She was very tired the next day, and had a low-grade fever. She spent most of the day on the couch watching TV and snoozing, which isn’t like her at all. Today, she’s feeling fine, and is outside planting flowers.

We’re happy to be fully vaccinated, and glad to have gotten through the second dose with relatively mild reactions.

Got my second dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday morning. Arm became sore in the evening. I had a fever all night long, but only brief sleep disruption. This morning the fever is less, but everything hurts-bones, muscles, abdomen. I’m glad it’s raining and that I scheduled myself for a house and yard work vacation this week.

I plan to spend the day reading and sleeping.

A friend of mine experienced exactly the same reactions to her second Moderna vaccination, and on the same timeline too. The muscle aches lasted about 24 hours, and she was fatigued for another 12 hours after that, then she was back to her usual self.

Bad news on J&J

https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/13/u-s-calls-for-pause-on-johnson-johnson-vaccine-after-clotting-cases/
Federal health agencies on Tuesday called for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine after six recipients in the United States developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within about two weeks of vaccination.
“We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, and Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the C.D.C., said in a joint statement. “Right now, these adverse events appear to be extremely rare.”

They need to figure out if this is above the normal incidence of such events in the population. Then they need to find out if those experiencing this event have a predisposition for hypercoagulability. A percentage of the population have genetic predisposition for this. There are several identifiable causes, based on a blood test. If we could stop denying insurance or overcharging for increased risk for insurance, it wouldn't be that hard to find out on an individual basis. And if that proved to be the case with these who have experienced such events, it could be prevented by treating people for hypercoagulability around the time of the vaccine, or any vaccine.

We have so much of medicine backward in this world...we know so much, but do so little.

They need to figure out if this is above the normal incidence of such events in the population. Then they need to find out if those experiencing this event have a predisposition for hypercoagulability. A percentage of the population have genetic predisposition for this. There are several identifiable causes, based on a blood test. If we could stop denying insurance or overcharging for increased risk for insurance, it wouldn't be that hard to find out on an individual basis. And if that proved to be the case with these who have experienced such events, it could be prevented by treating people for hypercoagulability around the time of the vaccine, or any vaccine.

We have so much of medicine backward in this world...we know so much, but do so little.
When I give platelets, they do a mini blood test right there on the spot. It is amazing how much they find out in 3 minutes, such as platelet count. I know it doesn't go into the fine details, but man, it is still impressive.

My turn to document 2nd shot side effects. :)

Got the Moderna 2nd shot Monday, 2pm. I was fine until bedtime when my arm just started aching a bit.

I woke up Tuesday with significant arm pain. I monitored temperature frequently and it was normal (high 97s for me) in the morning. I did some chores and shot off a few messages here. Late morning I started getting that unsettled feeling like the flu is coming. At about 2pm -- exactly 24 hours -- it hit hard and my temperature jumped to 100.1. I had body aches all over. No headache, no chills, no nausea.

I watched TV and mostly did nothing and about 8pm the fever drifted down to the low 99s. I also started feeling less achy before bedtime.

I slept it off like a rock and now Wednesday morning I feel pretty good with just some residual aches. Temperature about 98, which is a bit high for me, but just barely.

TL/DR: Flu-like symptoms hit me at 24 hours and lasted about 8 hours. It is a good idea to take the next day off after your 2nd shot.

I had my second Moderna shot yesterday at 7:20 am. Arm was mildly sore for the day and about 12 hours after the shot, I felt was a a little achy and maybe a slight fever.
I took some Tylenol and went to bed. This morning I feel fine but my arm still aches. I expect that's as bad as it's going to get.

YAA! I'm done.

I had my second Moderna shot yesterday at 7:20 am. Arm was mildly sore for the day and about 12 hours after the shot, I felt was a a little achy and maybe a slight fever.
I took some Tylenol and went to bed. This morning I feel fine but my arm still aches. I expect that's as bad as it's going to get.

YAA! I'm done.

Everyone's experience is unique. I'm surprised by the number of people reporting chills. We've also had friends with literally zero effects on the 2nd Moderna -- not even arm pain.

Also, a few posts back someone said "fireworks going off in my body." I kind of understand that. Whatever it is, it manifests itself to me as a kind of "skin-crawling" effect. This happened to me at about 23 hours right as my fever spiked up rapidly.

Had my 2nd Pfizer yesterday, and my arm was not even sore. This morning, my shoulder is quite sore, my whole arm is tingling, my back aches, and I have a slight headache. If this is as much as I get, then it is not that big of a deal.

Have had the 2 Moderna vaxes with side effects (nasty vertigo was one) and today got the 10 year tetanus booster and the Pneumovax 23. My immune system doesn't know what's going on :D. Chills and aches. Going to bed after I finish my evening tea :dance:. Hoping it's also a one day thing. I think I'll wait a couple of months before I get the Shingrix vax.

Tomorrow will mark the 2 week period after my second Pfizer vaccine. I had no reactions to #1 nor #2 except for a little soreness in the arm. My husband had the same experience. Friends reported naps and long hours of good sleep, which I was hoping for ... but alas, it wasn't meant to be for me. :)

Received the second Pfizer jab yesterday. Sore arm just like the first time. Woke me up last night. I felt fairly poorly two days after the first jab, but that passed after just one day. I have a tee time this afternoon with a great excuse all lined up for any poor shots!

Moderna vaccine and wow, I guess my immune system is firing up because my whole body aches.

At least those fellas in the trenches will be ready when Mr. Covid comes whistling along. The troops have definitely been rallied.

I had fever and aches for about 36 hours after my second Moderna shot, starting about 18 hours in. 12 hours after the fever broke, my energy level returned to normal. I attribute the body aches to the fever itself.

I slept a lot and let the fever run its course. DS got Pfizer vaccine, as did DH. They had no side effects.

I don’t mind my robust immune response. Apparently more women report side effects.

Well after 2 days, my brother has no side effects from his first shot of Moderna; not even a sore arm.

I had zero side effects after my first pfizer shot, not even a sore arm.
My second one was a disaster for 36 hours. 103 fever, bad back pain, headache and fatigue. It was no picnic, but I would do it again in a heartbeat to be protected from covid.

It's been 48 hours after the 2nd Pfizer jab for me. My arm is less sore than the first time and no other side effects I have noticed. DW get the 2nd Moderna jab the middle of next week.

Had the second Moderna shot on Tuesday afternoon. Sore arm that night and fever, fatigue and aching skin by noon on Wednesday - over in about 12 hours. Covid arm returned on Thursday with redness around the injection site and sore lymph nodes today.

In the months after the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines arrived, I have been thinking of a hypothesis. Before anyone hammers at me, remember the definition of "hypothesis".
Here it is... Covid-19 may be the first appearance of a "Catalyst Virus" (I made up the moniker). In a nutshell, IF it turns out that the damage done to the body from a Covid-19 infection is a result of an immunological system overreaction to the virus, in effect, the virus does not directly damage/kill, but a person's particular body's overreaction to the virus does. With this, "Immunological System" should not be looked at as some body-global effect, as in "I have a good Immunological System". Instead, immune system on a per-body basis would be much more nuanced, can not make global statements about a particular body.

If this hypothesis eventually proves to be true, can a predictor be derived via who had more reaction to a Covid-19 vaccine? Instead of a common positive "If I have a reaction to the vaccine, that's ok, I must have a robust immune system" thinking, could it be the reverse? Could those, like DW and I, who had zero effects from the Pfizer vaccine doses, have been the least likely to have ended up in a hospital on a ventilator, or deceased? And those who had relatively strong reaction(s) from a Covid-19 vaccine have been the most likely to be a statistic, if they had not been vaccinated?

It seems it would be a tough hypothesis to test! If an individual specitivity of sectors of immune system are assumed (and I don't know how "sectors" are defined, probably something different than now), then it would seem that clones would be needed, one to get the vaccine, the other, to not!

Remember, it's a hypothesis.

EDIT: I would have preferred to start a new topic with this post, but figured it would be just merged into an existing Covid-19 topic anyway, so I might as well pick one.

Last edited:
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Sore at injection site in evening. Then in bed overnight I was very chilled and aching. To the point I put a t-shirt on and extra blanket. Didn't sleep much at all. Basically feels like flu. First shot was no more than slightly tender arm. Second shot had big reactions. Feeling little better now 18 hours after shot. This reaction was not expected, kicking my ass in the short term.

In the months after the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines arrived, I have been thinking of a hypothesis. Before anyone hammers at me, remember the definition of "hypothesis".
Here it is... Covid-19 may be the first appearance of a "Catalyst Virus" (I made up the moniker). In a nutshell, IF it turns out that the damage done to the body from a Covid-19 infection is a result of an immunological system overreaction to the virus, in effect, the virus does not directly damage/kill, but a person's particular body's overreaction to the virus does. With this, "Immunological System" should not be looked at as some body-global effect, as in "I have a good Immunological System". Instead, immune system on a per-body basis would be much more nuanced, can not make global statements about a particular body.

If this hypothesis eventually proves to be true, can a predictor be derived via who had more reaction to a Covid-19 vaccine? Instead of a common positive "If I have a reaction to the vaccine, that's ok, I must have a robust immune system" thinking, could it be the reverse? Could those, like DW and I, who had zero effects from the Pfizer vaccine doses, have been the least likely to have ended up in a hospital on a ventilator, or deceased? And those who had relatively strong reaction(s) from a Covid-19 vaccine have been the most likely to be a statistic, if they had not been vaccinated?

It seems it would be a tough hypothesis to test! If an individual specitivity of sectors of immune system are assumed (and I don't know how "sectors" are defined, probably something different than now), then it would seem that clones would be needed, one to get the vaccine, the other, to not!

Remember, it's a hypothesis.

EDIT: I would have preferred to start a new topic with this post, but figured it would be just merged into an existing Covid-19 topic anyway, so I might as well pick one.

Clever idea. I'll bet that there will be enough breakthrough of the virus and its variants that this could still be tested if the medical community thought it had validity.

I had zero reaction to either shot (Pfizer), DW's arm was super sore after both shots and she a low fever and headache from the 2nd one (Moderna).

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Sore at injection site in evening. Then in bed overnight I was very chilled and aching. To the point I put a t-shirt on and extra blanket. Didn't sleep much at all. Basically feels like flu. First shot was no more than slightly tender arm. Second shot had big reactions. Feeling little better now 18 hours after shot. This reaction was not expected, kicking my ass in the short term.
My second shot has been delayed "twice" so far due to shortages...Maybe I should take that as a message from above especially since I had unpleasant reactions to the first shot..

Last edited:
I
I'll challenge your hypothesis on one well known point:
Overall, vaccine reactions in the over 65 population are less common. Overall, this population has suffered the greatest mortality from the actual virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom