Grocery Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess you have A LOT of visitors. Damn near EVERYONE wants to get out and about and well, you live in NOLA. :)

That must be it. Frank tells me that business has picked up quite a lot at the bar where he works, down in the French Quarter. Lots of tourists, he says. I guess I just didn't realize how MANY were here. :LOL: We have been noticing a lot of out-of-state license plates, too.

It's so bad that lately I have often deliberately eliminated the "pleasure drive" part of our daily routine.

Definitely still enjoying feeling comfortable popping in to the supermarket to pick stuff up, bit still also really appreciating delivery. I don't expect to go back to purely in person shopping, at this point delivery really seems ingrained as a fine way to get things with minimal effort.

If you are retired, is shopping in stores a part of fun?

It is for me, at least at the produce markets and outlet type stores since it can be kind of a treasure hunt. But for stores like Walmart and regular supermarkets, most of the prices in the store are the same as in the ads and the online ordering sites. We order many of our pantry staples from Walmart or Amazon to be shipped, and use order or delivery pickup for the supermarket orders.

Went to a grocery store, Sprouts, for first time since my state revised the mask mandate two weeks ago to follow the new CDC guidelines. About 70% of the shoppers were wearing masks, including me. I was pleasantly surprised that most of the maskless shoppers were older people who are probably vaccinated as I thought younger unvaccinated individuals would take advantage of the mandate change to shed their masks.

I plan to stop wearing a mask while shopping but am still a little concerned about variants, spreading the virus to others, etc. especially as I just got back from a trip to California. And wearing a mask for a few hours a week does not bother me.

I enjoy exploring different grocery stores so am looking forward to more frequent shopping this summer, especially co-ops and growers markets. During COVID, I limited my grocery shopping to every two weeks. Also trying to use all that stockpiled food which is cluttering up my third bedroom.

I got hooked on online/drive up shopping in the pandemic and expect to keep doing it indefinitely.
[emoji115]This.

I absolutely will continue. I like the ability to scour prices, analyze the weekly specials in the flyer and avoid impulse buys. I find I've been spending much less since doing so.

I can't do Walmart delivery for the same reason. The closest full size store is poorly managed and in a bad neighborhood. That's the delivery source. Pick up is not available at the "neighborhood market." My only option is pick up at a Walmart 20 minutes away. Walmart meat and poultry is of poor quality anyway, so I don't bother.

The meat must be location driven too. post vaccinated we have had several cookouts with Walmart chuck and to a person everyone comments how tender and tasty it grills up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom