How are you staying sane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the canyon today, this time with a 58 cal rifle I had made out of a beat up 54. First time trying this thing out. Took a few tries, but got it shooting really well. 58 cal round ball makes big holes in the target.

There were so many fisherman parked along the side of the river I could barely get a parking spot.

I accidentally dropped a small brush into my sink. I don't have the pop up sink stopper anymore (got to get a new one soon). The only way to get it out is to take apart the P trap under the sink. I have done it many times so I felt confident. I unscrewed the metal P trap.

Recovered my brash, cleaned up the dirty trap. But I had a hard time putting back without a small leak. I tried teflon tape but it continues to leak. Normally at this time, I would go to HomeDepot and buy a new set and job would be easier. But, I don't want to go outside.

I started to panic. Can I call a plumber? Will anyone even come out?

I went back to garage frantically going thru the box of old parts. Glad that I did not throw away some of the old plastic P trap parts. After replacing with one plastic part, I had to apply some plumber putty. Finally no leak. But this is just temporary solution.

Action items: order a sink stopper (tell DW be careful not to drop any small items into the sink); order few more teflon tapes; when this is all over, buy a new set of metal P-trap and reinstall again.

didn't post earlier but keeping sane with CATV and internet. Then as if in retribution for not being grateful, lost both today. There was a scary message about my IP address being used by another machine and to change the IP address which I know nothing about. Using the only tool in my arsenal, I rebooted everything........computer, CATV box, modem and router . No improvement.

However the scary message did not reappear and the TV came up with error message about being available soon. Called them and the robot said there was a known problem in the area and they hoped to fix it by 4PM. At 3:30pM
checked and TV was working, plugged modem and router in hoping it was a single cause problem that would fix all. Got lucky and everything works for
now and am so grateful for that.

Yeowch. Losing internet would be a pain right now. Then again, it would allow me to focus more intently on reading! Glad you got it back quickly.

Saw a news story this morning about a puzzle company who's sales have increased by 2000%. Then it showed families gathered around those huge puzzles with tiny pieces everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom