My husband just tested positive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom got out of the hospital today, I'm thrilled to report. She rallied after getting remdesivir for her COVID symptoms and antibiotics for her urinary infection. It's been 11 days since her positive COVID test.

She was still a little foggy today but perked up when she saw some of her favorite folks at her CBRF. At one point in her hospitalization we feared she was giving up.

Wonderful! Thanks for posting the follow-up and I'm so glad she is doing better. :D

Just heard from my other sister today. She didn't start back at work last Monday because she got ill and the doctor treated her for stomach flu but after a couple of days he told her she should get a Covid test even though she didn't have the classic symptoms. Confirmed Covid on Thursday and she also now has loss of taste and smell. At age 59 she is also 10 years older than my younger sister who has just had it. Her husband has now also got Covid confirmed today and he is already one sick puppy, having had his 4th round of brain surgery last January. He has a slow growing tumor wrapped around his brain stem and every 4 or 5 years they have to open him up and reduce the size of it with surgery.

I'm much more worried about the outcome with them than I was with my other sister and her husband. She lives about 35 miles away but has 2 married daughters who live in the same small town so will have no problem getting shopping done.

Just heard from my other sister today. She didn't start back at work last Monday because she got ill and the doctor treated her for stomach flu but after a couple of days he told her she should get a Covid test even though she didn't have the classic symptoms. Confirmed Covid on Thursday and she also now has loss of taste and smell. At age 59 she is also 10 years older than my younger sister who has just had it. Her husband has now also got Covid confirmed today and he is already one sick puppy, having had his 4th round of brain surgery last January. He has a slow growing tumor wrapped around his brain stem and every 4 or 5 years they have to open him up and reduce the size of it with surgery.

I'm much more worried about the outcome with them than I was with my other sister and her husband. She lives about 35 miles away but has 2 married daughters who live in the same small town so will have no problem getting shopping done.

Sounds like remdesivir is the best option based on the post about the quick recovery of the 93-year old.

Hope things improve in the UK soon. My cousin who works for NHS got her vaccination last week....best wisher for you sis and particularity her hubby Alan..

Sounds like remdesivir is the best option based on the post about the quick recovery of the 93-year old.

Remdesvir is one of the treatment options used in hospitals here also if either of them end up in hospital. The problem with my BIL is that he is on a slew of other drugs because of his brain tumor. For example, he developed Atrial Fibrillation about 9 months ago but can't be given any of the standard drugs, including apixaban to thin the blood, because of the other drugs he is on. He also has had a brain shunt in place for many years to drain away excessive fluid.

Hope things improve in the UK soon. My cousin who works for NHS got her vaccination last week....best wisher for you sis and particularity her hubby Alan..

Thank you. Just when we were starting to relax with my other sister and BIL back in work this last week.

Alan, so sorry to hear the news and wishing your family the best. My DIL had the same type of tumor but luckily one of the best neurologists in the country specializing in these tumors is one state away. There was a 14 hour surgery and they got all of it but 5%. They had to sacrifice her hearing in one ear. She was 40 and 3 years later is totally back to normal. That 5% is still around her brain stem. They do a MRI yearly to make sure it’s not growing.

Oh Alan, I'm so sorry to hear this news! Thinking of you and your family - you all sure have been hit hard with it. :(

All the best to your family Alan. Rough start to the new year.

My dad passed away today, complications of covid. He was 89. It was a good thing for him, really...it's just that it's so hard on the rest of us...sigh...

My dad passed away today, complications of covid. He was 89. It was a good thing for him, really...it's just that it's so hard on the rest of us...sigh...
Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I lost my ailing DF last year in the middle of all this, but at least it wasn’t Covid. Although at the time I was so scared it would hit his small elder care home. This has all been so rough!

Sorry to hear that Cindy. Our prayers are with you and your family

Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I lost my ailing DF last year in the middle of all this, but at least it wasn’t Covid. Although at the time I was so scared it would hit his small elder care home. This has all been so rough!

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your father, too. May he rest in true peace...

You are right, it's rough. Dad's care home, where he's been for less than a year, was so excited when they were told they'd be getting some doses of the vaccine soon...and right after that they got their first outbreak, after holding off the virus all this time. It ran rampant through the place...so sad...

But once dad was transferred to the hospital yesterday morning, I got to be with him and touch him for the first time since last March when our state shut down and the care homes locked right down with it. I spent yesterday and today just reading to him. He loved poetry - especially Robert Service - so even though he did not seem to know if anyone was in the room or not, I read to him, all the poems I could find that he had read or recited before. It was lovely, really...so peaceful...just dad and me...

I'm glad he is at peace, finally. And I'm glad I got to be there with him.

That’s so tough about the home and so close to getting the vaccine, but having a bad outbreak.

I’m so glad you got to spend some time with your Dad and read him his favorite poetry. Wow - you’ve been separated so long! At least I got to send time with DF, there were brief periods of lockdown, but it was lifted fairly often.

What a rough ride this has been for you!

So sorry Cindy Blue. Even though your Dad was in poor health even before Covid it is still very sad for you to lose him. I hope you will allow yourself to grieve.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad, and happy that you got to see him and be with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom