Votes: 109 28.8%
  • No, and I’m not anxious to get vaccinated

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • Completed single dose version

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first Pfizer shot 2 days ago. Mild transitory headache afterward. Arm slightly sore. Then today, lymph node under ear on side where shot was given is tender. So far, so good.

DGF getting her first shot this Sunday. Finally was classified as an exception. I expect to get mine within 2 months.

55+ opened up here about 10 days ago. Today was the earliest appt I could get, so I got my first shot today, DW gets hers tomorrow. Our second will be 4/3.

I can’t wait to get my vaccine but I’m too young and don’t have eligible pre-existing conditions. If I hadn’t lost so much weight I’d be eligible based on obesity, but now I no longer qualify. But I’m not complaining about that. I was about 330,000 on the waiting list for the vaccine once my group is eligible.

The BMI comorbidity is my ticket for the vaccine. Just signed up for Pfizer#1 weds march 17 (wear green!)

In our Tennessee county, the BMI requirement is >30, I snuck in. Now I need to figure out how to get my 57 yr old wife signed up without asking her weight ;)

I had covid in November and haven't felt in much of a hurry for the vaccine, but now it seems easy to get, so might as well...I am also past the 90 day window so could get covid again I reckon

I live in a >40 state too. I think I’d qualify if it were 30, but I’m getting close to the 30 with recent weight loss. Maybe I’ll be <30 by the time I’m eligible for the vaccine.

I had covid in November and haven't felt in much of a hurry for the vaccine, but now it seems easy to get, so might as well...I am also past the 90 day window so could get covid again I reckon

Yeah, I had COVID some months back also (got through it with no lingering issues). I know the standard advice is to get the vaccine even if you have had it, but I've also read a lot of things (articles/studies done by virologists and epidemiologists) that make me pretty confident that, once you've had COVID, you almost certainly have "durable" immunity lasting for at least several years. So I am not in any rush to get the vaccine. Of course there are no guarantees, but my educated guess at this time is that I am not at any significant risk of getting a serious case of COVID anytime soon.

We had the cable guy at the house this morning installing a new broad band router. Young guy but he said he got vaccinated a couple of weeks ago. He had a GP appointment late in the day and his GP told him that they had had some cancellations and have 3 Pfizer doses left that were going to have to throw away otherwise.

Yeah, I had COVID some months back also (got through it with no lingering issues). I know the standard advice is to get the vaccine even if you have had it, but I've also read a lot of things (articles/studies done by virologists and epidemiologists) that make me pretty confident that, once you've had COVID, you almost certainly have "durable" immunity lasting for at least several years. So I am not in any rush to get the vaccine. Of course there are no guarantees, but my educated guess at this time is that I am not at any significant risk of getting a serious case of COVID anytime soon.

I'm also reading that...in our situation (especially if your body built immunity when you had COVID), the first vaccine shot actually acts as a booster since your body already is primed to attack/defend (strong reaction to the first shot in this case...no desire or need for second shot). I see various opinions on this topic and there is not much certainty of course.

I am thus leaning towards the one shot J&J and am in no hurry. In fact, there is such a lack of agreement on the issue of those who already have immunity, waiting seems prudent.

I thought I was going to have a long wait since TX said people 50 plus could get the vaccine beginning March 15th, but I lucked out and got my J&J shot yesterday.

DH was at CVS to get his second shingrix shot. He asked the pharmacist if they had any covid vaccines, she said...yes, we have two (there were two no shows). He told me about it when he got home. I said...let's go, maybe I can get one even tho I don't have an appt ...and sure enough, I got the shot.

It's been 24 hours since I was vaccinated. My arm hurt for about 15 minutes right after she gave me the shot, then stopped hurting and hasn't bothered me since. I've had no other side effects.

Texas just opened shots to 50+ (I'm 60), and my wonderful husband worked while I did going to all of the sties to find an appointment for me. He beat me to it and booked me for yesterday- WOO HOO :dance:- I was SO happy. We drove from Spring to Bryan, all was well organized and I was in and out in 30 mins. DH has already had both vaccines. The Bryan site had much less commotion (the Houston ones are sometimes a zoo), and even though I was almonst an hour early, they let me go on ahead.

My 2nd appt is already set for a month out. We both got the Moderna Vaccine. I cannot wait until the end of April, so we can go places again, and see our vaccinated family and friends.

Our DIL and GD just drove down from 500 miles away to visit us and some other family. We both got our 2nd shots 2 weeks ago. It was GREAT to be able to hug both of them.
We will be seeing them Sunday at our son's place. DW will love to be able to hug her son:)

Older son, age 20, may qualify soon... he's applied for a job at the local grocery store. If he gets the job he'll qualify as an essential worker. (Grocery store employees are on the official list.)

I figure they'll open it up to everyone else sometime in late April, early May. At that point younger son and I will get vaccinated.

Can't change my vote - but my circumstances changed.

Our county expanded the eligible group on MOnday (3/15). I now qualify and was madly checking for appointments. Hit the jackpot mid-morning today for an appointment this afternoon. Got my first shot this morning. In a few weeks I'll get my 2nd... and will be fully covered by late April.

Older son got the grocery store gig. He has an appointment for Monday for his first shot.

So only youngest is out in the cold... until they open it up to everyone in CA.

Got my first dose Pfizer in late February. Tomorrow I get shot number two. By Easter, I am fully covered. Interestingly, studies coming out of Israel based on several hundred thousand people, also using Pfizer, show 81% effectiveness after two weeks from just one dose, and 97% effectiveness from two doses!

My wife and I both got our first dose of Pfizer vaccine earlier this week. We get our second dose first week of April. She is 54 and I am 59. In Ohio even our 20 year old son will be eligible in 2 more weeks. Our 24 year old son got his first dose 2 weeks ago in Kentucky.

Voted no earlier, but got my 1st shot 2 days ago.

You needed an option for scheduled and waiting.

My wife and I coach high school XCountry and Track. We are considered educators and it is available to us. She had her 1st shot (Moderna) almost 2-weeks ago and then we had a COVID scare as one of my employees contracted it. Thankfully, we are all negative so I scheduled mine for this upcoming Monday (Pfizer).

We work in finance so it is now available (we are in CA) to my employees also.

cd :O)

Voted no earlier, but got an appointment almost immediately after Texas opened up to 50+ this week. Got Pfizer #1 on Wednesday and have appointment for 4/7 for #2. Sore arm for about 36 hours was my only side effect.

So does everyone have to get a booster shot every four months?

No one knows yet about booster shots but I have not heard anything about them being every 4 months. There will probably be booster shots for variants in the future but it is my guess that those shots will be annual or maybe every 2 years.

So does everyone have to get a booster shot every four months?

Nope.

There will be new shots due to variants that are so different this shot does not work well , but in reality I don't think these are boosters. As the thing we are protecting against is not the exact same as before. Unlike a Tetanus booster.

Just a new shot really, but it probably makes folks feel comfortable to call it a booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom