Standardized Covid Treatment Protocols?

Don't Wait for your Lips to Turn Blue!

There's work underway for future options for early treatment, and also things you can do now for early treatment. Here's a rundown for those that are interested to dig into.

A handful of pharmaceutical companies are working on orally administered antiviral drugs to target the early onset treatment space of Covid-19, including Merck (Molnupiravir), Roche (AT-527), and Pfizer (PF-07321332). Favipiravir shows modest positive impact in observational studies. AstraZeneca’s long-acting investigatinal prophylaxis antibody therapy (AZD4772) shows promise in early preliminary trial data. Ivermectin has 63 completed studies, 31 of them randomized control trials. Meta-analyses of the ivermectin studies (Bryant et al, Kory et al, Dr. Andrew Hill) indicate significant promise. University of Minnesota "COVID-OUT" study, which uses combinations of metformin, ivermectin, fluvoxamine, placebo, is a study to watch and also one to join (they overnight you the meds if you test positive).

There were reportedly 88,000 Ivermectic prescriptions in August.

Typical number is around 3-4,000.

One can judge if the increased use has had a positive effect.

There were reportedly 88,000 Ivermectic prescriptions in August.

Typical number is around 3-4,000.

One can judge if the increased use has had a positive effect.

How would one judge..people might just want the Ivermectin on hand in case they begin feeling sick. Or perhaps they took and felt better in a day or two. But never mind.

Yes, the number of prescriptions isn't very effective at making any kind of judgement about the effectiveness of the drug against Covid-19. There are over 30 randomized controlled trials, though, which might be something to make a judgement upon.

The number of prescriptions does allow for a judgement about the number of people and doctors who are breaking from the narrative, even in the face of the many recent stories conflating animal and human versions of the drug.

Actually the number is 88k prescriptions a week.

We have ivermectin on hand just in case. Go to pubmed.gov and search ivermectin/ Covid19. Sight is partially overseen by NIH ( yes, the NIH Fauci helps run). Between rationing of approved drugs, (monoclonal antibody therapy) and promising therapeutics, too many people are having their care delayed due to ignorance and/or politics

Although far from "standardized treatment", this site https://c19early.com/ has a list of things that have been studied for the treatment of Covid-19. Lot of compounds are certainly "not ready for prime time", but if you look at the number of studies and the number of patients, and validate the range doesn't break through unity (crosses "1", which means the result is not statistically significant), you can get an idea of how well studied various compounds are for this indication, and how well they've done (farther to the left is better). Note that "bamlanivimab" is what you might get if you get "monoclonal antibodies", or you might get "casirivimab/imdevimab".

Although far from "standardized treatment", this site https://c19early.com/ has a list of things that have been studied for the treatment of Covid-19. Lot of compounds are certainly "not ready for prime time", but if you look at the number of studies and the number of patients, and validate the range doesn't break through unity (crosses "1", which means the result is not statistically significant), you can get an idea of how well studied various compounds are for this indication, and how well they've done (farther to the left is better). Note that "bamlanivimab" is what you might get if you get "monoclonal antibodies", or you might get "casirivimab/imdevimab".

Thanks for your post. I work in healthcare and can say without doubt that many, many patients are being offered zero therapy. Watchful waiting is standard. I live in Texas but have heard same from Wisconsin, California and NY in last month. The key to Covid interventions has always been early and aggressive OUTpatient therapies. Taking Tylenol is not what I would consider early intervention.

I had two tenants supposedly get infected last April with Covid. They were told to stay home and isolate, and drink plenty of fluids. They were/are heavy and probably obese, but they recovered.

The local paper had an article that said there is a shortage of the antibody treatment and very few people are able to get it

I am not sure about shortages of the monoclonal antibodies treatment or whether so few people get treated because a referral from a physician is required at most treatment centers and patients or their Drs are not pushing for it.

An article in Business Insider on ivermectin. Includes a quote from me. :cool:

Basically, any apparent effect for ivermectin in the meta-analyses disappears once you remove the studies that are either obviously fraudulent, or so incompetently conducted that they might as well be fraudulent.

"We Brazilians had to learn in the hardest way that ivermectin didn't work," Dr. Ana Carolina Antonio, who works at a government hospital in Porto Alegre, told Insider.

Antonio said that during the country's second wave, about 70% of her patients were coming in having tried ivermectin already to prevent or treat COVID-19.

"​​I have already cared for many patients who took ivermectin and were still in the ICU for COVID-19," she said. "I regret to say, most of those patients have died."

Last edited:

Basically, any apparent effect for ivermectin in the meta-analyses disappears once you remove the studies that are either obviously fraudulent, or so incompetently conducted that they might as well be fraudulent.

What a nice biased hit piece.They get bonus points for somehow managing to include the words "nazis" and "QAnon" among others.

You can always tell when someone is writing with an agenda.

I am not sure about shortages of the monoclonal antibodies treatment or whether so few people get treated because a referral from a physician is required at most treatment centers and patients or their Drs are not pushing for it.

DD told me the gov't is now regulating the distribution of the antibody treatment.

DD told me the gov't is now regulating the distribution of the antibody treatment.

I have no doubt there were some shortages in hard hit areas, resulting in everyone not be able to get the treatment.

Great article. Thanks. I had wondered how it all started.

Some biomedical colleagues and I (I'm the last-but-one author, which is always where they park the least important person on the team!) have just had this letter published in Nature Medicine, calling for higher standards of evidence for the evaluation of Covid treatments.

Some biomedical colleagues and I (I'm the last-but-one author, which is always where they park the least important person on the team!) have just had this letter published in Nature Medicine, calling for higher standards of evidence for the evaluation of Covid treatments.

Happy to see that. A lot of seat of the pants guessing early on, some of which worked. The guy at Cedars Sinai that decided steroids to suppress the cytokine storm was a good idea late in February 2020 saved a lot of lives. All the IVM noise unfortunately generated a lot of fraudulent studies, so who knows if it's really helpful?

Long Covid is getting very little money for treatment development. NIH has been given $1.15 billion to "study" it. The money has been allocated to longitudinal cohort studies to last four years, a new datamining project for electronic medical records (read yours when you have a chance and decide if the "data" is useful...), and a small amount for a biorepository of tissue samples at the Mayo. No money to study the tissue, so basically it's a tissue museum. No money to develop therapeutics. It sucks to be a Long Covid patient - the attitude seems to be get better on your own or die.

There is a lot of confusion out there.

I just tested positive at urgent care clinic in Florida. They gave me a brochure about the monoclonal antibody treatment and told me to call the "Federal Hotline" for that. The "Fed" person I spoke to made it very clear that I had to get a referral from a Doctor in order to get the treatment and that I SHOULD NOT contact a facility administering the treatment. I then called my Doctor for a referral. His front office told me that the treatment was only available at hospitals and he don't know to give a referral. I did some internet searching and found a treatment center (hurricane shelter) about 6 miles from my house. I showed up, walked in and received the treatment at no cost. No more than a 5 minute wait to start and 15 minute observation period afterward. I wasn't asked for insurance, or my Covid test results.

I just tested positive at urgent care clinic in Florida. They gave me a brochure about the monoclonal antibody treatment and told me to call the "Federal Hotline" for that. The "Fed" person I spoke to made it very clear that I had to get a referral from a Doctor in order to get the treatment and that I SHOULD NOT contact a facility administering the treatment. I then called my Doctor for a referral. His front office told me that the treatment was only available at hospitals and he don't know to give a referral. I did some internet searching and found a treatment center (hurricane shelter) about 6 miles from my house. I showed up, walked in and received the treatment at no cost. No more than a 5 minute wait to start and 15 minute observation period afterward. I wasn't asked for insurance, or my Covid test results.

Bingo! You are in Florida, where they are handing this stuff out like candy. Congratulations!

Did you get the REGEN or the Lilly cocktail? The Lilly was dropped because it was not effective against a prior variant, but has been found to be effective against Delta and is being used again.

Last edited:

Boy, time to change doctors if he doesn’t know how to give a referral.

Good job.

Back
Top Bottom