What's next for hoarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very easy to make with canola oil, an egg and a dash of yellow mustard.

Yes, I will be making my own anyway.

But eggs are in short supply! Fortunately one egg makes a lot of mayo.

But we are rationing our eggs and dumping our 2 eggs each a day habit to less than half that.

I vote for gasoline hoarding. I just topped up my tank and I can't hoard any more for a while. Nice low prices. $2.35 a gallon here in Pa last time I checked.

As long as the power stays on, people are nice and comfy and (where possible) can work from their homes, and additional lockdowns (very likely for more states), there will be less need to drive so I do not believe this will happen.

gasbuddy.com has a good article on why they see gas prices going lower:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/how-the-coronavirus-is-impacting-gas-prices/

What idiots... it's actually the reverse, all the cats (indoor cats) can only get it from the people in the house.

The COVID virus does not jump species. Cats will not catch COVID. Please do not perpetuate this myth. Animals are being dumped because people wrongly believe they can catch the virus from pets.

Can milk be frozen and still be decent when thawed? Last night I was able to buy a 15 cubic foot chest freezer (online from Lowe's) and it is supposed to be delivered Apr. 5th.

Nor trying to be mean or snarky but..
Start paying attention to date....first of month when SNAP cards are refilled may cause a stampede in food stores..

I am thinking about families that depended on schools providing breakfast and lunches for kids who are now at home...

It's March 21...if you can get in the store, don't hoard, but think about dates...

Another date I'm concerned with....this coming Thursday when unemployment numbers will be announced. WE here all follow the financial news daily, but when these numbers and comparisons to previous months hit the media....ughhhhh....Get stuff NOW in other words.

And think about selling something to get some cash. SErious. I was more of the Stay the Course, but this time we may find....it really IS different.

Not panic. Just be aware.

Glad I live alone. I am rationing already to get used to it. Luckily I have about 70,000 calories of stored energy around my hips, thighs and belly !!( 20 pounds x 3500 cals per pound) and I'm used to one mead a day intermittent fasting, so I'll be good....

Everyone take care.....!!! And keep repeating: "this too shall pass"....

I hoarded up an 'in theater movie experience' a few weeks ago. Saw 'The Hunt' (interesting plot, not a great movie, necessarily). Now all the theaters here are closed! Eastern Pa town.

Can milk be frozen and still be decent when thawed? Last night I was able to buy a 15 cubic foot chest freezer (online from Lowe's) and it is supposed to be delivered Apr. 5th.

Yes, you can freeze and it will be fine when you thaw.

Yes. Whole milk will separate and may need to be shaken up when thawed. I know this as a former child in a rural area full of dairy farms, where milk was still delivered, and winters were cold. Another thing about frozen milk: It expands. Be sure the containers are not full.

Can milk be frozen and still be decent when thawed? .

Our local wal-mart had frozen butterball turkeys for $0.68 a pound so I bought two. One in the freezer and one is thawing in the fridge.

They were out of chicken but had these turkeys. A roasted turkey with butter coated skin sounds mighty tasty and I don't know why most people only eat turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hurry up and thaw! You can cook a frozen turkey but it is rather hard to get the neck and giblets out...you have to cook it for a couple hours and then take them out and continue cooking. I am always worried the plastic bag for the giblets will melt or something, but it is still icy. I did try it once and it worked and the meat was just as tender.

I stocked up on nitrile exam gloves at Costco before they became the latest thing to hoard. When I was there shopping yesterday the woman who was checking receipts mentioned to me that it was a good thing I bought some because it was going to be a long time before Costco got any more in stock. I won’t go in a store to shop without them on.

The COVID virus does not jump species.

Actually, didn't this whole pandemic start with the virus jumping from a snake (or bat, or pangolin?) to a human in a "wet market" in China? Definitely not trying to imply that humans can directly infect their cats or dogs, but technically I do think the virus can jump from one species to another under certain very unusual conditions.

Animals are being dumped because people wrongly believe they can catch the virus from pets.

I absolutely agree that dumping pets at animal shelters over this is deplorable and heartless.

Actually, didn't this whole pandemic start with the virus jumping from a snake (or bat, or pangolin?) to a human in a "wet market" in China? Definitely not trying to imply that humans can directly infect their cats or dogs, but technically I do think the virus can jump from one species to another under certain very unusual conditions.

I absolutely agree that dumping pets at animal shelters over this is deplorable and heartless.

2 HongKong dogs tested positive:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/second-dog-in-hong-kong-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

DW’s instinct is to hoard produce. The woman has no concept of spoilage and it’s one of her most endearing quirks.

As summer approaches, beer seems like a good one to hoard. Getting a water filtration kit for the household is prudent and much easier than storing pallets of the bottled stuff.

I can’t even imagine dumping your beloved pet over the virus. Nothing like rewarding the love they have given you with abandonment. People are upset about stupid stuff like getting their hair or nails done, etc. This type of thing is the least of anyone’s worries.

Cannibis dispensaries are seeing a big uptick in sales.

Huh? Everything looks to be spelled as I wished. But I'm basically losing my sanity anyway, so...what did I miss?

unobtainium. that's what I read but maybe it was over my head...correct me if I need it!!

Too bad we can't hoard internet bandwidth. As people move their lives online, I am starting to see an impact on connectivity.

Last evening, I had my first virtual happy hour ever. My friends and I sat in our own living room and we used FaceTime Video to chat while sipping on some adult beverages. Not quite as fun as in person, but it was surprisingly uplifting. But even with fiber internet, the video quality wasn't great (the audio was fine and it's the most important).

I didn't read the whole thread but jumped to the last page. Anyway we found out that Costco is not taking any returns right now. So a lot of people were trying to return boat loads of paper products because they found out they were and are still readily available. Greedy bunch of idiots. Serves them right. They should go around the neighborhood and see if anyone can use the excess.

Isn't unobtainium #0 on the Periodic Table of Elements, symbol "No"?

Another poster of above average intelligence. I'll take my punishment, no problem...

Too bad we can't hoard internet bandwidth. As people move their lives online, I am starting to see an impact on connectivity.

Last evening, I had my first virtual happy hour ever. My friends and I sat in our own living room and we used FaceTime Video to chat while sipping on some adult beverages. Not quite as fun as in person, but it was surprisingly uplifting. But even with fiber internet, the video quality wasn't great (the audio was fine and it's the most important).

In your locale they might be throttling. Did you see that Netflix and You tube have throttled their speed after request from European governments?

In your locale they might be throttling. Did you see that Netflix and You tube have throttled their speed after request from European governments?

Yep, I saw it. Between people and students working online, plus all the additional online entertainment needs because people are stuck at home, I am sure that the internet infrastructure is being taxed heavily. I hope we don't "break the internet", otherwise this confinement thing is quickly going to suck.

Yep, I saw it. Between people and students working online, plus all the additional online entertainment needs because people are stuck at home, I am sure that the internet infrastructure is being taxed heavily. I hope we don't "break the internet", otherwise this confinement thing is quickly going to suck.

The message yesterday "You don't need to stream your movie in 4K please use regular HD"..not even funny, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom