March 2020 Los Angeles to Paris

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am planning our next trip from Los Angeles to Paris in next March 2020. Right now, there are cheap tickets from British Airways, Finnair, and American Airlines, all less than $300 round trip with one connection.

Connecting thru Heathrow, London, with BA is 1 hour 50 minutes both ways. I understand that there is no TSA pre-screen like they do in Dublin. See my experience: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f46/connection-thru-dublin-ireland-100031.html

Will I be OK both ways, or there are some unexpected challenges in Heathrow?

If you fly BA, odds are both flights are through terminal 5 so you’d be ok. You could always double-check. And worst case, you catch a later flight. There are also EU rules around this that make this more generous for the consumer. Well, this might be post Brexit, so maybe no luck there.

Last time at Heathrow, they had to bus us from the landing area to the gate. By the time we boarded buses, stood in line, boarded another bus to the main terminal, it took at least 45 minutes and then we had to stand in two lines for security not including the passport check.

Anything under a 2 hour connection time would make me personally nervous just based on the past experiences flying overseas.

Longer connections don't bother us. We just browse or eat.

seems like a great fare - couldn't find anything for less than about $600 from Chicago in that time frame. When did you buy? I changed my origination to LAX and I see some great fares? Funny.

seems like a great fare - couldn't find anything for less than about $600 from Chicago in that time fare. When did you buy?

I am browsing karak.com right now. Even google flights show those cheap $254 fare:

5:20 PM – 2:15 PM+1
British Airways
12h 55m
LAX–CDG
1 stop
1h 10m LHR
$254
round trip

7:25 PM – 5:25 PM+1
American, British Airways
14h 0m
LAX–CDG
1 stop
1h 55m LHR
$254
round trip

Ah, Heathrow buses. I never cared much for Heathrow. It takes forever to get around. In this regard, Amsterdam is much better.

Back
Top Bottom