Free TurboTax Premier 2019 for some Fidelity clients

Done

Recycles dryer sheets
Fidelity is now offering free TurboTax Premier 2019 (Federal + State) to qualified clients. If you qualify, a tile says "Get TurboTax® Online Premier free" towards the bottom after logging in (Accounts & Trade > Portfolio, All Accounts, Summary). The "Get started now" link takes you to an Intuit landing page which seems to offer only the Online version, but Download is also an option. If you prefer to download, scroll all the way down to Download and click See Products.

As before, it is not clear which clients qualify for this promotion, but Active Trader Pro and Private Clients probably do.

[Putting this in a new thread because it was buried in another.]

Last edited:
I just got the discount offer.

Whew. Despite my demotion from Private Client I got the offer. However I've already ordered paper forms from the IRS to fill out in crayon. Much quicker and simpler in my case.

Not free for me :-(

I was offered the 20% discount...well every penny counts :)

FWIW Private Client status evidently isn't a criteria. I got demoted over 2 years ago and just got the free Premier offer. Lot's of speculation about qualifying but I've seen nothing definitive.

I saw the offer for free TurboTax Premiere when I logged in to Fidelity this morning. According to the bogleheads thread on this topic, it started showing up around 10pm last night (Jan 6).

Another path to the download version is to hover over "Products & Pricing" at the top of the page, then click "CD/Download products."

No credit card required this year.

Got it!

Important to remember to scroll down to the download section. Then you just have to tell them whether you're PC or Mac, and pick the right one (Premier) that shows zero cost.

You do have to put in your Turbotax login, and get an activation code, but that's no big deal.

Just another great perk from Fidelity!

Not for me but I didn't really expect it as I have less than 1/2 million with Fidelity.

Thanks for the "heads up" as I could easily have missed the offer tile!

Well, I got it, but pretty worthless to me since I always buy it when it first comes out. Wish they offered it in early December. Oh well.

I got so excited when I read this at 3AM that I got out of bed and DL'd it. How sad is my retired life?

I've been PC for more than a decade. nothing yet this year. I heard some whispers that I would not get the free version this year.

I just saw this and downloaded it. WoooHooo! Now I wait until later in Jan to get my Fidelity paperwork.

I emailed my advisor yesterday then saw the offer on my login page last night. I thought that was a quick response on Fido's part but based on the information on this thread I don't think my email had anything to do with the timing of the offer.

I got the free offer but can't find the download button. How do I get to the download button?

I'm surprised I didn't get the offer, as my account is of decent size. Oh well.

Folks that believe they should be eligible but don’t see the offer, a couple of years ago I didn’t get the free TT so I contacted Fidelity to ask why. Their response was “sorry, go ahead and buy a copy, send us the invoice and we’ll reimburse your account”.

I got the free offer but can't find the download button. How do I get to the download button?

After following the “Get started now” link, scroll down to the Download section and click “See Products.” Premier will be $0.

Folks that believe they should be eligible but don’t see the offer, a couple of years ago I didn’t get the free TT so I contacted Fidelity to ask why. Their response was “sorry, go ahead and buy a copy, send us the invoice and we’ll reimburse your account”.

There are quite a few little quirks in their system like this.
In my case, I asked my rep about it and his reply was "Oh, I didn't know you used it. I'll put you on the list."
And I've had the offer on my account page every year since then.

OP, thanks so much, just finished downloading. I probably would not have noticed this on my Fidelity page. Funny, I was at Costco the other day and would have purchased it, but was not able to find the turbo tax display.

Back
Top Bottom