Free TurboTax Premier 2019 for some Fidelity clients

I will contact my advisor and ask. Can't hurt to try eh? Although I did get the $20 off offer so maybe not. Only have a half mill with Fidelity.

Ok. I figured it out. I was logging into TurboTax first and there is no option to download once I am logged in. What a pain in the A$$ site! I can't believe the $hit I will do to get free stuff!:LOL:

SOL again despite our considerable Fidelity holdings and Premier Client account status.

Whew. Despite my demotion from Private Client I got the offer. However I've already ordered paper forms from the IRS to fill out in crayon. Much quicker and simpler in my case.

Ended the PC status for my mother's account after we established a new trust for her.

So since I was the trustee, they transferred the assets to my Fidelity online account, under a new trust account there.

My mother's account has a fraction of the balance it used to have but the free Turbotax link appears there.

But my online account, which now has the bulk of those funds, doesn't offer it.

The link showed up today. When I click the link it goes to a dead page. Maybe tomorrow it will work.

Somebody posted on another site that you need at least a million in a taxable account to get the offer. Not sure how true that is or isn’t.

The link showed up today. When I click the link it goes to a dead page. Maybe tomorrow it will work.

I tried it twice and it worked.

Odd that they give you Premier for free but the cheaper Deluxe version is $30.

Only the "up to $30 off" offer for me. I already purchased TaxCut in December, but still checked to see and still irritated that I wasn't given the free offer. A month or so ago a local Fidelity branch manager called me to discuss my account, how they could help me, etc. In the conversation it came out that they (Fidelity) treat (now ex) employer 401K accounts that they host differently than non-employer plan accounts. I explained that they may treat them differently, but I don't... Seeing this 'deal' reinforces it. Maybe Schwab/Ameritrade would like to get my considerable sized account.

The free TurboTax offer showed up in my Fidelity account yesterday.

But having more than a million in a taxable account doesn’t guarantee it either.
Everyone's just guessing.

My guess (with the going to 0 commissions) they reduced the numbers available.

Maybe I'm not getting it because I did not see my PC rep this year? who knows?

Maybe I didn't get the offer because it would likely not matter in what I do.

Everyone's just guessing.

My guess (with the going to 0 commissions) they reduced the numbers available.

Maybe I'm not getting it because I did not see my PC rep this year? who knows?

Maybe I didn't get the offer because it would likely not matter in what I do.
They stopped for us a year ago. We inquired. Reps express surprise given the size of our investments with them. We finally get some answer about “not having an ongoing relationship with an advisor”. Well, Fidelity dropped that relationship, not us. And we told them they were the ones who’d let us fall through the cracks after we moved.

Later last year a rep/advisor did call us, and I did the old annual high level review of accounts, discussions of possible future needs, like I used to do when our old office called us once a year to touch base.

So I thought we had established a new relationship, but obviously there is more to it.

We’ll ultimately contact the old office. In the meantime we only need Deluxe which is <$30, so not worth the hassle.

I clicked on link for free premier and got a intuit page with this message:

Our Apologies
We cannot find the page you requested.

You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked an outdated link.

For assistance, please contact the institution that provided the link,

or to learn more about TurboTax Online, please visit TurboTax.com

I will try again later.

I've had no interaction with our PCG rep in probably 3 years. Yet I got the offer this year, same as prior years. So I don't think that's a valid criteria either.

I do call the PCG number when I need help with something. And I seem to recall emailing our PCG rep to complain about the new Full View system a couple years ago. But I doubt any of that counts as "an ongoing relationship with an advisor."

Did anyone get the free TT this year where they didn't in previous years? Perhaps Fido is cutting back on the number. In years past I had heard that it was based on the reps having to recommend their clients' names. I wonder if each rep gets only "x" number of free TT to distribute to his favorite clients.

Certainly by now, we should have a current, or FIRED Fido rep here that could shed some light on this.

Certainly by now, we should have a current, or FIRED Fido rep here that could shed some light on this.

I'm pretty sure it's based on a secret algorithm that is kept in the same safe as the formula for Coca-Cola and the KFC spice blend.

They stopped for us a year ago. We inquired. Reps express surprise given the size of our investments with them. We finally get some answer about “not having an ongoing relationship with an advisor”. Well, Fidelity dropped that relationship, not us. And we told them they were the ones who’d let us fall through the cracks after we moved.

Later last year a rep/advisor did call us, and I did the old annual high level review of accounts, discussions of possible future needs, like I used to do when our old office called us once a year to touch base.

So I thought we had established a new relationship, but obviously there is more to it.

We’ll ultimately contact the old office. In the meantime we only need Deluxe which is <$30, so not worth the hassle.
I haven't had a relationship with an advisor in years and I still got the free offer.

Maybe they "allocate" them. High rollers first and if they don't hit it by a certain date it rolls down to lower levels?

Maybe those who aren't getting the link should contact Fidelity web tech support.

"I should be getting the free TT link but I'm not seeing it."

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom