I am starting to understand Introverts

I reread this thread. So many introverts on this site. It is weird, I do find joy in the excuse not having to attend parties and family get togethers. I have to figure out a hobby I enjoy at home. I'm envious of all the do-it-yourselfers. Now, I don't have to bring a side dish, put on a fake smile and act interested in small talk. I do enjoy strangers more than family. Do I need therapy?

I reread this thread. So many introverts on this site. It is weird, I do find joy in the excuse not having to attend parties and family get togethers. I have to figure out a hobby I enjoy at home. I'm envious of all the do-it-yourselfers. Now, I don't have to bring a side dish, put on a fake smile and act interested in small talk. I do enjoy strangers more than family. Do I need therapy?

Don't we all need therapy in some way?:LOL:
I don't know if it's an age thing, but I like people, but in very small doses. I like my solitude. I live with someone , but she is kind of the same way so we have our space. One great hobby I took up years ago is chess. Chess.com is free and although excruciatingly humbling, it's a great game to enjoy on your own.

So many introverts on this site.

Yes, but also a lot of folks who identify themselves as introverts but describe their personal lifestyle and habits as being more neutral. Perhaps they think of themselves as introverts if they are not extreme extroverts? I's think of them as neutral.

Last edited:
Im an introvert, but what 8 mos into this thing i guess im more extroverted than THIS which is getting really old now.

Yes, but also a lot of folks who identify themselves as introverts but describe their personal lifestyle and habits as being more neutral. Perhaps they think of themselves as introverts if they are not extreme extroverts? I's think of them as neutral.

Agree. It can also be a mix.
I for one never had tons of close friends and pre covid would only socialize on occasion. However I do love to talk when we do get together.

Back
Top Bottom