How are you celebrating NYE?

DGS is here and intrigued with the thought of being able to go outside and make as much loud noise as he wants, he won't make it until midnight, but who cares? He can bang the pots at 9!!

I can still remember the thrill of that!

I can still remember the thrill of that!

When the young wife was a girl, they would go outside and shoot the shotgun at midnight. At my house, we banged pots and pans.

Going to bed early. I hope it will be raining hard in order to deter the gunshots and fireworks.

^^This^^

I have been in bed before 11PM for the last several NYEs. I just hope I don't get woken up by the fireworks that are always overdone by private citizens around here. They are illegal but it's never enforced. No public displays this year so the private displays will probably be worse than ever. Earplugs won't be enough but I hope to get a little sleep at least.

Restaurants aren't open, and take out is getting...old. I will drink a libation while watching Twilight Zone and go to bed early with a good book in hand. Here's to 2021!

At my house, we banged pots and pans.
I did that one night to try to scare off a bear that had pulled open a window on my garage that I'd left open a crack for air. A few days later I wondered why a pot was so wobbly on the stove. Then I remembered what I had done. Pots were probably more durable back then, and I was hitting them together pretty damn hard!

We plan to stay home, safe from the crazy insane drunk drivers. I expect that will be worse this year than ever before! New Orleans has a tendency to go overboard with celebrations so the roads will probably be littered with automobile accidents.

We don't drink so there will be no need to stock up on booze. I'll stay up until way past midnight since my usual bedtime is around 3 AM. I might watch the fireworks on TV, or on the internet. I'll listen to F tell me that nothing is going to change and how bleak the country's future is, and even though I know he's always right, I'll be happy anyway. To me, the end of 2020 seems like a terrific excuse to be happy. We're gonna tie up 2020 and put a bow on it! :D :dance:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 28
I'll be doing what I have traditionally done: stay home, have a nice fire, watch a movie, and, if I'm still awake at midnight, give the DW a kiss.

I actually started doing this back in college. I liked to have a good time as much as anyone, but it seemed that on New Years Eve people would go overboard and it wasn't fun to watch.

So, I decided to take a different approach. I had my girlfriend (now DW) over. We made a pizza, and watched an old movie. It was a very pleasant evening. (It also had the added bonus of enabling me to watch football on New Years Day without a hangover. :D)

Oh, we're also going to go skiing. It may rain, but that's our thing. We've been out in some pretty bad conditions and stayed out since we were having a good time together, so maybe we should be dating. 2020 hasn't been all bad! Besides, it's so close even if we make just a run or two it's no big loss.

Staying in. Just the two of us.

Champagne
Caesar salad
King Crab w Drawn Butter
Asparagus w Hollandaise
Berries w Whipped Cream

DW and I hanging with 3 other couples in the neighborhood at one of their houses. Potluck dinner with cocktails and Champaign at midnight. Not the safest approach covid wise but certainly not the worst.

Eating some frozen stuff from Trader Joe's and just hanging at home.
Will have a drink at midnight in our lanai with temps at 68 degrees at that time.

A day in the mountains, maybe skiing. It started to rain, so I might pass. In the evening, we’ll have dinner - steak with salad - and then hang out at home. Should be a nice and relaxing way to start the new year.

Happy New Year!

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

I was planning to go to our church's drive-in NYE "Good Riddance" service but it has been postponed until tomorrow evening due to really crappy (cold, wet) weather today.

Dinner will be lobster tails, risotto, and asparagus. Probably will play a game after dinner. Will pop a bottle of bubbly at some point, and I'll stay up watching the nothing-like-the-usual ball drop with Andy and Anderson on CNN - they are quite a hoot. Tomorrow will be hoppin' john (black-eyed peas and rice) for good luck - we certainly deserve a better 2021.

Hoping for dry weather for a hike. Otherwise just bowl games View attachment 37205

What a good looking family and a happy little dog!

I'm curious - did you actually send out "good riddance 2020" cards to folks? If so, you are my hero! :D

I've never been so glad to welcome a new year. :)

"New Year's Eve is amateur night."
"Nothing food happens after midnight."
Those words from more than one retired LEO acquaintance over the years.
There will be some hors d'oeurve during the evening, we may be still upright at midnight, and we know we'll be waiting for the SWFL fireworks to stop about 1:30 tomorrow morning.

Same as most years. Just chill in front of the fire and watch a hockey game. If it weren't for Covid would probably have been watching at a friend's place or having others here. World juniors is Canada-Finland and then US-Sweden. Both games deciding round robin group winners. We had our 3 days of white Christmas now back to green which isn't nearly as pretty.

I’ll be walking over to my son’s house in an hour’s time. He still likes to stay up for the New Year and I certainly don’t mind joining him. We’ll eat a few snacks, watch TV and have a drink or two to welcome in the new year. Tonight we will celebrate the recovery of my sister and her husband from Covid, and his new job which starts on Monday.

DH and I have a nice bottle of champagne to share and fresh shrimp appetizer. Just spaghetti for dinner. DS is stopping by so that is a treat. Happy New Year!

We are having one couple over for dinner (who we have "podded" with for many months). I made lobster bisque, DW is making a lobster pie as I type.

A few scotches and glasses of wine and maybe we will make midnight.

Looks like I'm spending it here. DW and I have been exposed to DS in retail, GK's in preschool and other essential workers in the family. Hopefully we'll survive and be here next year.

Back
Top Bottom