EFTPS Documents?

RASAP

Recycles dryer sheets
For tax year 2020, I used EFTPS to make quarterly tax payments. I am now starting to collect my tax documents in preparation for filing my taxes and am wondering what document(s) EFTPS provides that shows how much I paid to them. I looked on their website but couldn't find anything.

You can find your payment history eftps. A link should be on the left after you log in.

ETA (from RunningBum below): Right - you have to click on PAYMENTS on the top menu, then CHECK PAYMENT HISTORY will appear on the left.

You can see up to 16 months of payment history.

Last edited:
Yep, I just looked up mine today.
Click on Payments in the middle of the top menu, then
Check Payment History on the left menu.

I’ve never had a discrepancy paying state or federal estimated taxes so I’ve never cared about documentation. But it’s good to know I can pull up payment history if I ever need it, I didn’t know that. Thanks.

At this point I do a “print to pdf” to save a copy in my tax folder.

Yes, when I schedule a payment, I always print (to PDF) the confirmation of my scheduled payment and my current payment history (which will include the scheduled payment) for my personal records. Eftps gives you a printer friendly format option that you can use.

OK. So it looks like there is no end of year summary document indicating the total payments made similar to what is received from banks/employers/etc. Sounds good, just didn't know what to expect. The first time is always the hardest :). Thanks for the replies.

No, there is no 1099 type document, but all you need is in the payment history which covers 16 months. Since payments are identified by tax year, it’s easy to extract year information.

When you make an estimated tax payment you need to identify the correct tax year it applies to. It can be easy to screw this up in Jan.

i print that and keep it in the tax year file folder as well as a digital copy in the PDF tax year folder.

I finally established my EFTPS account this morning.

I’d never heard of this service until seeing it mentioned here (e-r.org). Doh!

Has anyone added 1041 payment access to their existing EFTPS account?

It sounds like EFTPS, in general, supports 1041 payments, but I did not see it in my choices.

If there is an easy way to do this, I would be interested. On the other hand, if it involves setting up a totally separate EFTPS account with associated authentication etc that will work only a single EIN then I suspect that I will pass.

Thanks in advance for sharing if anyone has any info on this.

-gauss

Last edited:
Well, I usually choose 1040, but I have noticed “other” as a choice, so there must be more menus.

Has anyone added 1041 payment access to their existing EFTPS account?

The EFTPS login user ID is the tax ID of the entity (SSN or EIN), so you need a separate EFTPS account for each entity. It's not a big deal to create multiple accounts - you can use the same e-mail address for all of them. I've been making 1041 tax payments using EFTPS for a few years with no problems. :popcorn:

^ Thank you for the info, socca & audreyh1

-gauss

Back
Top Bottom