Amazon Key Delivery

Has anyone used it before and if so what do you think of it.
I think it's a great idea to eliminate package theft and I bought the My Q Hub for my self but have not installed it it.

I have the My Q Garage Door opener and have used Amazon Key on occasion. The My Q is very easy to install and works great to let people in remotely or just to use as a garage door opener yourself.
I didn't find the Amazon Key very useful or comforting. Having someone, even temporarily being able to open my garage wasn't worth the risk of leaving packages on the front porch.
Most of what we order from Amazon isn't high value stuff anyway. things ordered from other On-line sellers is higher value but they can't use Amazon Key.

I've used it, but only on rare occasions. Not a fan. I don't like having someone in the garage, and I worry about a package getting run over if someone backs out over it without checking. There is someone home 99% of the time at our house anyway. We've never had a package stolen, although some light ones have blown off the porch in heavy winds.

I turned off Key Delivery when not realizing that by adding MY Q to Ring system, Key Delivery became the default. I could not disable My Q in the Ring app fast enough.

Love it! We have something delivered almost every day. No porch pirates and nothing left out in the rain if we’re not going to be home for several hours. Plus you get an email the minute it's delivered. Not worried at all about anything being taken.

I recently installed this module to my garage opener, cheap, simple to install at the wall switch, and uses the ewelink app. And if I want to disable it I just have to unplug from the wall. I like simple. Don't think I'd want to use Amazon key delivery though. If we're out of town I just ask a neighbor to hold the package for me or I can open the garage remotely and have them toss it inside.
https://www.amazon.com/MHCOZY-Updat...38382641&sprefix=ewe+link,aps,278&sr=8-5&th=1

I see Amazon sells a number of lockable delivery boxes for your porch (or wherever.)

Would they actually lock it after delivering, assuming I left it unlocked for them? Seems like that would be the simplest solution. We haven't had a big problem with porch pirates here, but it would be nice to have stuff out of the weather.

Back
Top Bottom